Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure what scents they are, Becks, to be honest, but my mom is allergic to lilacs (every year she makes dad chop down the lilac bushes ) among many other things, so that is definetly a big reason right there why they cannot be just waltzing up and shoving stuff in people's faces.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

One of the malls here, it's against the rules if you have a kiosk to even try to call people over to you. There was one cell phone company that would always yell out "hey, you need a cell phone" or something similar to everyone that walked by. It reached the point where I avoided that part of the mall. They finally stopped when one of the reporters for the newspaper here started mentioning how he avoided that area of the mall also because of them.

Comment

Quoth Jack7957
        There was one cell phone company that would always yell out "hey, you need a cell phone" or something similar to everyone that walked by.
        Lemme guess...The Mobile Solution? They were really bad in a few malls that my gf and I'd frequent in New Hampshire and Maine. One of the people at that kiosk was so desperate to get our attention that they yelled "DON'T FEED PHIL!"

...we were wearing matching "Don't Feed Phil" shirts.
        "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Quoth chops View Post
          Lemme guess...The Mobile Solution?
          Nah, it was a company owned Kiosk, I think T-Mobile if I remember correctly.

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
            Nah, it was a company owned Kiosk, I think T-Mobile if I remember correctly.
            That's interesting...TMS does T-Mobile exclusively around here.

But if it's not TMS, I wonder if it's something T-Mobile encourages kiosk people to do?
            "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

I just wander around looking like a typical 'Moody Goff' (tm) with my headphones in and no-one bothers me. They don't need to know I'm actually all glittery and perky under my shopping scowl (which is actually of absorption, not pissed off-ness)

But talking of people grabbing me, I have hit people, quite hard, when I've been grabbed at, especially from behind.
              Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

I've haven't been to a mall in several years (at least to the stores that do not have outside entrances) mostly because they really don't have anything I need that bad. Anyways it was my wife's birthday and I was returning from a hunting trip and I was still dressed in my cammo and boots. I wanted to surprise her with an expensive bottle of perfume (you know a gallon for $10) as I was entering the only store that sold this stuff I was acosted by spritizing harpies. I was holding my hands in front of me, backpeddling, and saying "No I'm allergice" and still they kept advancing. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to shoot one of these to make them leave me alone. Anyways I finally turned around and ran, there I am 6ft 300+ pounds and I'm running from a hurd of little women with chemical weapons. So I make my escape and happen to think that this store has an outside entrance but it's through the women's department, so I have a decision do I want to brave the potential of a chemical attack or be thought of as a pervert in the women's dept. Pervert it is, I make my way into the outside door and right away a nice lady asks if she can help, I tell what I need but I'm afraid of the harpies. She laughs and while I wait outside she makes the purchase for me and I'm on my way after thanking her profusely.
                I later told my wife I love her very much but I'm not going back to the mall for anything. These days if I need something beyond Sears Craftsman tool replacement I sent one of the girl-children in and I stay in the parking lot. I hope one day the Cooks Corner and Williams-Sanoma open stores outside the malls.
                Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

If *ANYONE* ever grabs my arm, that's assault. Not only will they get smacked, but I'll be calling security and/or the cops on them.

Comment

Sucky people and sucky employees everywhere! I had quite a busy afternoon, and I'm really starting to consider buying all my family and friends' Christmas presents online and barracading myself in my apartment when I don't have to work!!!!
                    Well, that's exactly what I do. My enjoyment of Christmas has really increased as a result. I dont' go out in this madness, it's just not worth it to me.

Amazon even has this thing now where you can pay around 70-80 bucks for basically what amounts to a flat shipping fee. This is good for an entire year. If an item is eligible for this service, you get two day standard shipping for free. Or one day for cheap, your choice. It usually costs me on the average 150 bucks for shipping doing all my shopping this way. This year it cost me 20.

Now I have even LESS stress.

No, Amazon is not paying me.

Comment

What people really need to do when those kiosk trolls grab like that is call the cops or mall security each and every time. If they ever try that on me, the call will be made after I've flattened them!

Not only are some people allergic to the stuff in perfumes, but they have also been known to trigger migraines.

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                      I hope one day the Cooks Corner and Williams-Sanoma open stores outside the malls.
                      We've got a Williams-Sonoma with not only a street door, but the whole mall is open-air! With no perfume-weilding harpies! http://www.abquptown.com/home
                      Last edited by Pagan; 12-16-2007, 01:10 AM. Reason: Can't sepll
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                      X