Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving fun at the grocery store!

And its begun...stopped in to get a few items, and what a zoo! People everywhere, some rude, some not...so I've come up with some rules.

If you shop the Sunday before Thanksgiving, please observe the following:

1. Don't stop and leave your car in the middle of the aisle, while you persue the selections. Please put it off to the side so the rest of us can get what WE need!

2. Please leave your children at home! I didn't need to have to bob and weave around your children as I was looking for my cereal, and no, the bottom shelf of the cereal aisle is NOT an appropriate place for your kid to hid!

3. Please have all your coupons, checkbook, etc. ready so when its your turn you're not fumbling in that suitcase you call a purse!

I mananged to get in and out quickly, but never again!

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
    1. Don't stop and leave your car in the middle of the aisle, while you persue the selections. Please put it off to the side so the rest of us can get what WE need!
    That drives me nuts. Especially when they park the cart sideways across the width of the aisle. Sometimes you don't even see anyone standing beside the cart; they're way the hell down at the other end of the aisle, oblivious to the traffic jam they've caused.

Also - Its not always possible to leave the children at home while you shop, but there should certainly be a high standard of behaviour expected from kids, especially during very busy shopping days.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

You think that's bad... Try going to the grocery store the day before Thanksgiving! I made that mistake once with my dad and I'll never do it again.
      Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
        Also - Its not always possible to leave the children at home while you shop, but there should certainly be a high standard of behaviour expected from kids, especially during very busy shopping days.
        True, I should have clarified; I have no problem with WELL BEHAVED kids...its the ones that run all over, bumping into people, etc. and whose parents have no control over them, nor care to!

Comment

Quoth GolfCart34 View Post
          You think that's bad... Try going to the grocery store the day before Thanksgiving! I made that mistake once with my dad and I'll never do it again.
          Even bigger mistake my mom made once, day before Thanksgiving and predicting a large snowstorm late Thanksgiving evening into Black Friday. The store had run out of carriages because everyone was waiting in line. I was only about 10-12 at the time, but I remember EVERY register being open ans sill waiting over 45 minutes.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
            This is where you politely use your cart as a battering ram on their cart and walk past them muttering about nacho cheese sauce. I hate fools who like to leave their carts in the isle. As the crazy old dude from the simpsons would have said...."The Isle's for walking, not for parking your cart and wandering away for more depends and fruit loops"....
            My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Shopping at a grocery store before Thanksgiving? :scoff:

Try WORKING at one.

Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

today was bad enough, although not that much worse than usual; just needed a few items and was at the checkout and gone in less than 10.

my condolences to any that have to work this weekend...
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  Shopping at a grocery store before Thanksgiving? :scoff:

Try WORKING at one.

It's a toss up as to which is worse about working in a grocery store the day before Thanksgiving:

1) running a register

2) being a stocker trying to work a floatful of product to the shelves b/c your company decided it was better to have their stockers work the shelves during the day with customers in the store all over the aisles rather than to stock at nighttime when the store is closed and more can get done.

It was all I could do to work out some backstock on the aisles for the customers in droves Wednesday. I spent part of the morning in the backroom checking vendors in b/c our DSD Girl got called up front to run register.

After lunch, I ran a little more backstock, ordered my stuff, sent the order and clocked out.

Grabbed what little I needed a few minutes before 3 - lines weren't bad then - had my stuff rang up, swiped my check card, got my receipt and my bags and got the fluck out of there before the next rush.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                  X