This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props to Gamestop

Yes I went shopping today but I started at like ten so it was okay.

The Gamestop near my house has the best employees hands down. I went in to buy myself Super Mario Galaxy. (All hail the mighty Wii) While I was making my purchase, the other worker was dealing with a customer on the phone with an issue that made my brain have to reset.
    To sum up the transaction, the non-intelligent customer was having trouble hooking up the component cables for his Xbox 360. These are the color-coded cables that go from console to TV. He was able to connect the video but not the audio inputs. Bless that employee. She was nice enough to tell the person to just keep trying it and will work. I for one may have laughed at them.

Once my brain reseted and was able to comprehend the phone transaction, I did all I could not to die of laughter. As was the two employees behind the counter.
    Best shopping experience ever.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

"yes, sir, the red cable goes in the red hole, yes, yes, I know it sounds crazy, but it might just work. if it doesn't, try the other red cable"

why the hell did they make it so there are 2 red cables?

Comment

One red cable is for connecting to a regular image setup. The other is the HDMI cable for an HD setup.
      My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Quoth Trayol View Post
        I went in to buy myself Super Mario Galaxy. (All hail the mighty Wii)

Were you able to find the game there? It seems to be selling out around me, right before I get to the store. That and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. Both top on my sons Christmas lists....

Comment

Yeah it was there. There were several in a box behind the counter waiting for new homes. I couldn't play for too long but so far it's really fun and looks great on my LCD HDTV w/ HD component cable that I could easily hook up.

Just keep trying different stores or order online, I'm sure you'll get the games you want.

Comment

...Trayol, you have no idea how many times a day we get that call.

That and the, "I spilled grape jelly into the disc tray of my GameCube, can you guys fix that?"
            Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

At least you didn't have a GBA SP thrown at your head on your third day working there right in front of your DM, and then got accused of being responsible for the rape of israeli women.

Comment

Quoth DarthRetard View Post
                At least you didn't have a GBA SP thrown at your head on your third day working there right in front of your DM, and then got accused of being responsible for the rape of israeli women.
                Psh, I had a PS2 thrown at me by a meth addict.

Wait, what is it with customers trying to murder us with consoles?
                Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

I bet they think with the DS and PS3 out, the best thing to do is use their old consoles as projectile weapons.

Comment

Working...
                  X