Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suckiness All Around (semi-long and language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suckiness All Around (semi-long and language)

This happened not too long ago. There was suckiness from me, my friend, and some idiots and a lesson(s) for me tonight. Here's the story.

Friends will be referred to as D (Guy), Y (Guy and F's b/f), F (D's sister), and A (F's friend.)

We went to see Beowulf. As you all know they have screens saying be quiet and turn your phones off. Some idiots a few rows in front of us talked through most of the movie and played with their phones. They got especially loud during some scenes with Angelina Jolie in them. Midway through one of those scenes someone told them to shut up. They do, for a few minutes anyway. One of the idiots starts playing with his cell phone and is told by my friend to stop playing with his cell phone. Few other people murmur in agreement during the movie keep in mind. F whispers "Go get a manager" We tell her to go get one she never does. Movie ends a few of us bitch about the idiots. We walk out of the theater.

Now for the suckiness on our end. Y goes and shoots his mouth off at the idiots. Idiots mouth back at us. Y is telling them off and one of the idiots tells him that he's going to get the crap kicked out of him.

Bad idea. Keep in mind that there were 3 of us and we're big. D is 6'6, Y 6'3, and I'm 6'2. These guys were half our size.

More mouthing off goes on, one of them says they can do whatever at the movies. I mouth off saying (WARNING LANGUAGE HIGHLIGHT TO REVEAL BELOW)
    __________________________________________________ _____
    "Well you don't have any fucking sense then you fucking twat. When you see a movie you shut the fuck up, not open your mouth and spout shit."
    __________________________________________________ ______
    My friend D (Known each other our whole lives and he knows I have a history of being aggressive) knows what's going to happen when I open my mouth, he grabs me and tells me to shut up. Y is starting to get into the idiots faces, next thing we know, security is telling us (Y and I) to wait outside. (F and A are in the bathroom at the time.)

While Y and I are waiting outside, D is explaining the incident to security and what led up to it. D also told us that we were lucky that it didn't escalate. We didn't get banned either, something which makes me grateful.

The lessons I learned: Get a manager and solve the problem instantly, don't start anything, and don't get involved in sibling rivalries (Looong story about that).

So yes, I realize that I was being a dumbass, a dumb fuck, an idiot, and all that. I deserve it. I also do know that I could have been arrested (As my roommates told me) and that I'm glad that I didn't. Feel free for all of you to chew me out, I deserve it. And I feel like a total jack ass for it too.
    Last edited by ArenaBoy; 11-24-2007, 05:52 AM.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Yeah, you're right, probably not the best way to handle it...

But good for you for standing up to them! I hardly ever go to the movies anymore because I can't stand those dumb little ***** talking and playing with their cell phones the whole time. If they weren't such a huge source of revenue for the movie theatres, I would start a (non-religious, mind you) crusade to get temporary bans for offenders like that.

The only movie I have ever been to where the talking didn't ruin the film was Snakes on a Plane. Because seriously, it was meant to have callback lines. *giggles* "Great. Just what we need. Snakes on crack."
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
      I hardly ever go to the movies anymore because I can't stand those dumb little ***** talking and playing with their cell phones the whole time. If they weren't such a huge source of revenue for the movie theatres, I would start a (non-religious, mind you) crusade to get temporary bans for offenders like that.
      D and I agreed that we're just going to rent movies from now on. Better options out there anyway. That and I'm sick of dealing with those idiots that play on their phone. Worst offenders had to be the dude who answered his phone. A lot of yelling was directed towards him.
      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

On a much happier note, BF and I went to see Beowulf yesterday. There were a total of like 6 people in the theatre. Best movie going experience in a VERY long time. Apparently Sunday afternoons are the best time to go?
        The Office

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
          There were a total of like 6 people in the theatre.
          I've had that happen a few times. Twice, it's been just me and the girl I was dating at the time in the theater. One was Night at the Roxbury, the other was Talented Mr. Ripley.

Comment

I'd like to see Beowulf. I had to read it in 2 different classes (and 2 different translations) in the same semester when I was in college, so I kinda feel I should see the movie...
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
              On a much happier note, BF and I went to see Beowulf yesterday. There were a total of like 6 people in the theatre. Best movie going experience in a VERY long time. Apparently Sunday afternoons are the best time to go?
              I tend to go see movies Sunday night; cuz it's a school night, there's less kids and teens around, even when kids' movies are showing.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
                Apparently Sunday afternoons are the best time to go?
                Not where I work. We call it 'Gypsy Sunday', because we tend to get Gypsies in who often (not always) leave their kids to watch a movie and the kids are rowdy; talk, snog, shag and are generally a nuisance.

I went to see 'The Darjeeling Limited' on Tuesday afternoon which turned out to be a staff outing, about a dozen people in the screen - 4 of whom weren't staff. It was quiet.

Beowolf is a lot of fun, I highly recommend it.
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Hmmm... I read an abbreviated version of the poem...

They changed a bit of it. You may or may not like it. I don't think it was a big enough change to impact the quality of the story line, but that's something you'll have to decide for yourself. IMO, the animation was AMAZING. There were definitely times when it didn't look animated. Of course, some of the movements of the people were stiff, and their eyes still haven't been perfected, but holy crap that stuff is getting good.
                  The Office

Comment

Actually, a lot of it was modified Rotoscoping. They took shots of real people moving around, and worked the computer animation overtop of it. It's a lot easier than doing the computer animation free-form like, say, Shrek.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                    X