This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caiman Airways SNAFU

As most of you know, my wife and I do fostering, home checks, temperament checks, and picking up dogs for malinois rescue.

The malinois rescue for the Caiman Islands has a malinois that they cannot adopt out (it being a banned breed now it's very hard to adopt them out. You cannot import or breed malinois on the island now, only police and military can).

We arranged with the coordinator for the Caiman Islands to have her flown here this morning (Saturday). She drive to their airport at 6:30AM (local time) and she was supposed to arrive in Miami 9:30-10:00AM (local time). She got there and there was no sign of the cargo crew. 7:15 the cargo guy finally arrive, but guess what, too late. The plan is already "locked down" so they cannot take her on.

She calls me (mind you, international long distance charges) and we try to arrange another pickup time. ABout 30 minutes later she calls me, leaves a voicemail about a 2:00 flight. I call her back and OK the flight. The guy in the Caimans felt bad and the guy in Miami agreed to stay late as long as I could be there as soon as the dog arrives.

More international phone tag, and at 1:45 I leave (she's supposed to arrive at 3:20). I get to the building about 2:45 and she calls me. THEY FORGOT TO PUT THE DOG ON THE PLANE. Rather angry I had to turn around, at their office, then drive home (and anyone in south Florida knows how bad the Palmetto Expressway is at ANY time). How can you forget the dog? She's lucky that someone did a walk though of the warehouse before they left or she might have been stuck in her crate until Monday morning (this was Saturday afternoon, BTW)!! This is highly irresponsible on their part. I wonder how often they forget to do this with people's luggage if they cannot remember a dog for rescue?

Sorry if people here think I'm sucky for saying this, but this is just really stupid for them to act like this. I really want to go to the Caimans to bonk this guy on the head a few dozen times. This guy gets my official dumbass stamp for this SNAFU.

Luckily, I'm off Thurs and Fri this week so hopefully we can arrange a time to get her here so we're not in an idling mode.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Apparently they remembered to ship the care package and the paperwork, just forgot the dog.
    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

What the bloody...? How do you forget a dog? I know that if an airline forgot my mom's dachsund, she would be up in their asses with an ass-whooping stick. Hell, she'd use the whole damn tree. No one messes with Mommy's little Hans. (the dog) Especially now since he hurt his back. Mom's cuddling him up and feeding him turkey and rice. She yelled at my dad yesterday because he ate a bit of the turkey she was going to feed the dog.
      "But I don't want to be among mad people."
      You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

I hope the pup gets better, turkey and rice, great combination, for a better one use lamb and rice.

We're having another try at this on Thursday, she should be arriving in Miami at 3:20PM, so give 30 minutes for her to be at the warehouse, 30-45 minutes in customs, and another 20 minutes to get the dog that puts me JUST IN TIME FOR RUSH HOUR!!!!
        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

well give her a good belly rub and an ear scritch from me

Hope Hans is feeling better, Princess . My dad loves doxies. He had one when he was a kid.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Maybe rush hour, but at least it's not blistering heat. That would really suck.
            Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
            Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
            The Office

Comment

Eh, everyone has AC in south Florida. I got a confirmation that she will be on the 2:00 flight (arrival at 3:20). She is going to wait and watch them put her on the plane.

Hopefully we can find her a forever home quickly.
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
              X