This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who, if anyone, was sucky?

Many of you in the Northeast US are familiar with the Price Chopper chain of grocery stores, not to be confused with the identically named chain in the Kansas City area.

Two of their stores are in New Hampshire...I've been going to one of them regularly, and have gotten rather consistent okay-to-good service there. Then there's the newer one we went to today, which we went to because it's near a Target.

So we got up to the checkout and start unloading our cart while the cashier's checking someone out. When we were done, there's about a foot of empty space between the cashier and the front of our groceries, and no space at the end. Yet, a customer is coming up behind us and wants to start unloading her cart...but can't. Meanwhile, the cashier is looking back and forth between us and the customer ahead of us

So I ask the cashier, politely, if she could move up the belt for the person behind us. She gives me this glare like how dare I ask her to flip a switch? She did anyway, but acted put off through our whole transaction.

I also noticed this silly policy they have for this store, which is supposed to have a gas rewards program. If the cashier doesn't either circle or highlight the amount you supposedly saved on gas, they want you to let them know and they'll give a $2 coupon on your next order. I seriously wanted to take them up on it while I was getting my Powerball tickets at the service desk, but decided against it because I'm not a big fan of policies like that.

So, my questions to you all are:

1. Who was sucky here? Me, her, both, or neither?
    2. Should I have called her out on the silly circle/highlight thing for a couple free bucks at her expense?
    "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

The circle thing is up to you. It's only sucky if YOU find it to be abusive, and do it anyway (or you act like a tard from an honest mistake!) The attitude, she should lose. Period. Giving a custmer lip, over a suposedly polite request is just BEGGING for escalation into suckiness.

I probably would have let it go as well... But you are the better person for putting up with that crap.

Comment

The cashier was sucky. She should have moved the bet up, if the other customer in front had her things scanned.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
      X