Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GIMME SOME OF THEM THAR POISONED AQUA DOTS...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMME SOME OF THEM THAR POISONED AQUA DOTS...

...and make it snappy!!

Hi. I'm a new poster but a long-time lurker. I'm like one of those retired NFL players who turn to sportscasting when their knees give out or they can't squeeze their oversized buns into the uniform anymore. I worked in sales long enough to collect a LOT of suck horror stories, but now I just reports 'em.

Anyway, my hubby and I are looking through the Black Friday ads and we come across the notorious Aqua Dots in the Bullseye ad on a pretty great sale. I am quite aware that sales ads are sometimes printed months in advance and there will be NO Aqua Dots on the sales floor, but I did show the SO the ad and I said, "Mark my words. This will lead to trouble."

Fast forward to Sunday, when the evening newscasters have to actually take a break out of stories about MURDERS and TRAGIC CAR ACCIDENTS to tell the general public that they will NOT find Aqua Dots in the stores! Apparently there were quite a few angry customers that wanted to buy their kids a toy laced with poison, just because IT WAS ADVERTISED! Doesn't matter that it was JUST PULLED from the shelves; if it's in the ad, you better have it!! Now wouldn't that be a lovely gift for the kiddies for Christmas? An ambulance ride to the hospital and a lengthy stay in a hospital bed so they can recover from the influences of a DATE RAPE DRUG SUBSTANCE!!! It just amazes me that people got irate because the stores wouldn't sell them a toy that could possibly put their kid in a coma! Sheesh!

I'm willing to bet that it wasnt' their kids they were planning on putting into a coma.

Comment

Mark my words, they ignored every news story about the dots poisoning their kids, but they're in an uproar because they can't get them.
      Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

There is no accounting for the stupidity of humans.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Aquadots were in the Toys R Us ad that came out yesterday, along with the Fischer Price Laugh & Learn 2 in 1 Kitchen that was recalled.. the Fischer Price recall was due to a supposed choking hazard, or as the Target employee who overheard me say something about it to my sister, a recall for parents who don't pay attention to their children.

Comment

Do people not have access to newspapers, TV or the Internet?

Although, in the stores' defense, the items that are going to be featured in ads are decided months in advance, when nobody knew that Aqua Dots were basically roofies.

This hazardous toys stuff is so out of hand, we've actually posted big sings in the aisle by toys saying that out toys do not contain lead or date rape drugs and are perfectly safe. As far as we know.
            Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 11-27-2007, 12:57 AM.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Heh, my daughter saw the Aqua Dots advertised and thought they'd come back. ("See Mom, here they are") I explained how the advertising worked and she took it well.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
              ~Clerks

Comment

I never even heard of Aqua Dots until I heard the story on the radio about how they'd been recalled.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My sister's a chemist, she said that somebody screwed up and used benzo-whatever instead of regular whatever, and it's the benzo bit that makes the drug.

Comment

.. do you think they are going to try to remake the aquadots? or not cause its sad cause they looked fun...

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                      .. do you think they are going to try to remake the aquadots? or not cause its sad cause they looked fun...
                      Bindeez (same thing, different name, also recalled) are being advertised again over here.

Two days before the recall was announced, my co-worker's son had 4 seizures. They thought it was just his usual epilepsy, but he was playing with the beads before the first seizure.

Comment

Man, I wanted to get ahold of some of those poisoned aquadots. Never know when you'll need them. They had already pulled them when I went looking, though.
                        My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Working...
                        X