This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you staring at?

I moved to the Palm Beaches in 1996. Back then, before I found a place, I decided to stop in at the local mall in Palm Beach Gardens. I was actually looking for a McDonald's but could not find one, so I figured I would see about the mall's food court. When I got there, I went in through Macy's, and I could swear I was getting dirty looks from the rich folk snobs that were there. I was dressed in my t-shirt, shorts, and sneakers, going through Macy's to go out into the mall. Everywhere I looked, I would see some wrinkly-skinned, white-haired lady, (or flaming fake red from the tomato juice they poured on it), looking at me as if to say "What the hell are you doing in our mall, in our town?"

Well, I went to the food court, and after I finished, I was walking back toward Macy's to head to my car. This woman, with flaming fake red hair, heavy wrinkles on the cheeks of her face only, wearing triangle-shaped lens, black-framed glasses, with gold chains on both arms of the glasses, and this angry, pissed-off look, bearing her teeth like a pack wolf, literally stares at me as I'm about to pass her at the entrance of the Sharper Image. I'd look away a second or two, then back, then away again, and her staring image never faltered. I finally gave her a nasty look, as if to say "What the fuck are you staring at?" She looked away and walked in the other direction.

Needless to say, everyone I saw doing this was wearing expensive looking clothes, $500 high heeled pumps, jewelry on every finger and in both ears, perfect hairdo, etc. My feeling of it was I was not dressed appropriately to be inside their mall!

As a sidenote, I did find out that this is exactly the attitude of these shitty-assed retirees in Florida who need to pack their shit and go back up north. The reason I could not find a McDonald's, or a Burger King, or any fast food place is because many of these folks "own" the town and do not tolerate businesses like this. If it isn't the Palace restaurant, it doesn't belong.
    Last edited by greensinestro; 11-30-2007, 06:58 PM.

which is why some parts of Florida are nicknamed "Gods waiting room"
    Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

Comment

I wouldn't live in Florida if they gave me the gold key to the crapper...lol. It's too hot, too muggy & loaded with college idiots who can't think of nothing else but "party, party, party!"

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
        I wouldn't live in Florida if they gave me the gold key to the crapper...lol. It's too hot, too muggy & loaded with college idiots who can't think of nothing else but "party, party, party!"
        Don't forget Florida's also loaded with the rich, retiree scum who love to "bitch, bitch, bitch"

Comment

There is a reason Fark has a Florida tag

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
            Needless to say, everyone I saw doing this was wearing expensive looking clothes, $500 high heeled pumps, jewelry on every finger and in both ears, perfect hairdo, etc. My feeling of it was I was not dressed appropriately to be inside their mall!
            And lets not forget the younger ones: Expensive, brand-name (usually Nike) sneakers, buffed and polished to a shine, immaculate t-shirt with some brand like Hurley or Birdhouse slapped on it, expensive jewelery, and brand new designer jeans with creases!! Come on, you're not fooling anyone, guys. Even the people who've made it big (Tony Hawk, anyone?) don't dress like that.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Maybe the creases are the revenge of the servants that have been treated badly?

"You can talk down to me as much as you like about how badly I do my job, but I am gonna do my job so assiduously that you will look like a total @sshole to anyone who ISN'T a spoiled-brat entitlement whore"

Comment

Quoth Bagga View Post
                Maybe the creases are the revenge of the servants that have been treated badly?

"You can talk down to me as much as you like about how badly I do my job, but I am gonna do my job so assiduously that you will look like a total @sshole to anyone who ISN'T a spoiled-brat entitlement whore"
                Nope, these all seem to be intentional.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I run into the opposite problem.

I don't come from a very big part of Wisconsin, not even big at all. I've gotten dirty looks my entire life wherever I've went.

I used to live in a city of about 14,000. I moved to a city of around 65,000. I work in the smaller city. I do my weekly Wal-Mart shopping there. If my parents invite me out to eat, we eat in a restaurant there. When I'm at work, I wear jeans and a tshirt and just enough makeup to look awake. I let my hair air dry all plain.

Mind you, I don't own a lot of designer clothes or designer anything. I don't consider AE designer, anyway. If it's my days off work, I like to do my hair all nice and perfect and wear pretty makeup and wear my nicer clothes.

Without fail, anywhere I go, people always give me dirty looks, like I'm some alien Big City Girl with her pretty hair and that "shit" on her face, and what the hell is that perfume? What the hell, does she think this is Hollywood?

It annoys me to no end.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

This reminds me of going to Von Maur after getting my paycheck on one of my days off from the grocery store. Some things to remember:
                    1 - Von Maur is kind of a high price (faux-ritzy) store
                    2 - I just cashed my paycheck and they gave me a lot of 20s and 10s
                    3 - I was wearing blue jeans, a Carhartt jacket, baseball cap and hadn't shaved in a few days.

I went into the store, went to the fragrance counter to get the item I needed (I got volunteered into picking up Dad's Christmas gift to mom). The stuck up lady at the counter looked at me and asked what I needed. I explained what I needed, she said "well, you might want the smaller container" like I was some penniless guy. I decided to get the one I wanted and went to pay. As soon as that wallet opened and she saw all those bills (remember, they were all 20s, 5s, and 1s) she was happy as hell to assist me. :-p
                    Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

Working...
                    X