This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My apologies to the clerks....

I was shopping with a major SC yesterday, and I wanted to apologize to all the clerks in all the stores we visited.

We were looking for candy to give away at our local parade.
    She had a $100 budget, and our youth club had saved them tons of money on the float, so she had close to $80 to spend on candy or whatever.

We had to go to 3 different stores because she thought the candy was too expensive.

I finally said, "Look, these are $1.97 for 36 pieces. If you get 10 boxes, that's over 300 candy canes and it's only about $20 + taxes.

She asked the clerk in every store, "Are these the cheapest you have?"

In another store, we had a cart, but then, when she decided to check out other stores in the mall, she just ditched her cart, even though we were going right past the shopping cart return area.

I went to get it and she said, "Oh, I wasn't going to use that anymore. I'm not getting anything here."
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Shopping with people like that can be so annoying! That's why I can't go shopping with certain relatives anymore. They just piss me off to no end and I just want to either smack some sense into them or scream.

Seriously, 300 candy canes for just over $20 isn't a bad price at all. What did she expect? After Christmas prices?
    Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Working...
    X