This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen Nightmares SC Scammers "Congratulations, You're on National TV!"

I love to watch Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on BBCAmerica and his new show, Kitchen Nightmares, on Fox. Go ahead, judge me.

Anyway, last week's show was about an Italian restaurant in New Jersey, Campania. It was completely mismanaged and being run into the ground. Okay, as usual, menu revamp, management schooling, interior redesign, etc. First night, grand re-opening. I'm sure quite a few people attend because it's going to be on TV.

There's a table with two couples, my guess, mother and daughter with accompanying husbands. Now, mother has the look. Big hair, make-up, work-out suit, etc. They are complaining about the food. "I can cook better than this." **Well, then, eat at home, B***h. Whatever.** Everybody else in the restaurant looks pretty happy about the food. They eat everything but the bones. The complaining doesn't stop. Ramsey goes out to talk to them after they complain to the waiter, who doesn't know what to do.

This is why I love Gordon. He looks at the empty plates. She starts the spiel about how she sent the food back (she didn't), her husband's hungry, yada, yada, yada. Gordon tells her she's talking out of her rear. Basically, nicely, f**k off. Then walks away. She follows him, still complaining, he keeps blowing her off. He goes to the hostess stand. She stands there. When someone comes in (apparently, you can't see them off-camera), he says, "Welcome to Campania, etc. I'm sorry about the old bag." The woman's face was hysterical. It was frozen, I think, from Botox, but her eyes got huge! I really wish I knew what happened after that.

Later on, a second SC emerged. There was a large party, and the kitchen had fallen way behind. The party was getting plastered. Then when they leave this one women starts complaining about the food, probably trying to get some of the meal free. (Honestly, they did wait a long time for the food, and if they had said something, politely, they probably would have been comped for part of it, but don't be a drunken whiner.) Note that at this point she can't even stand straight. She's saying the fish tasted like pond water, and things like that. She went outside and another customer jumped her, and kept yelling at her, "Why did you keep eating if it was so bad?" Finally security drove through and they left.

How lovely, you're both now on TV, hopefully, widely seen throughout New Jersey by every restaurant, and will never be served again.
    Last edited by wagegoth; 12-03-2007, 09:33 PM.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Oh yeah I loved it! I'm surprised it took this long for someone to post about it. BTW Anyone know if that particular restaurant is still open??

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
      Oh yeah I loved it! I'm surprised it took this long for someone to post about it. BTW Anyone know if that particular restaurant is still open??
      I kept checking to see if someone else had posted. Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes Gordon.

Apparently, the restaurant is still open. They have a website:

http://www.campaniarestaurant.com/
      Document everything

Comment

The old bag SC was on Friday's episode of The Soup as well. That was pure GOLD. Gordon Ramsay earned my on that one alone.
        "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
          I love to watch Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares
          Oh, I LOVE that show!!!!!

Quoth ditchdj View Post
          Yes, it's still open. Last week, after the episode ended, the man of the household and I took a little road trip.

TMOTH will take me there sometime for dinner.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I am usually taking a shower and getting ready while that is on, but I can hear it from the bathroom and I was thinking "Oh great, an SC....I wonder what'll happen!"

Then it was on The Soup. Yay!
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I love that show, and I had only seen a few episodes. I also watch Hells Kitchen.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I really liked the thing in the parking lot because it wasn't a employee it was just a random customer who called her out.

Comment

I love Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares! Gordon Ramsey is such a riot.

I missed that episode wagegoth was talking about. Hopefully I'll catch it in reruns.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

My cable going out for a few days was probably one of the best things that happend to me. I was stuck watching fox since it's the only channel I can get reception on with an antenna, and would have never considered watching kitchen Nightmares otherwise. I have to say I love the show but unfortunately had to work and missed this particular episode. Hopefully I'll catch it during the summer repeats.

Comment

If you have broadband internet, Fox has some of the episodes online.
                      Last edited by wagegoth; 12-06-2007, 10:37 PM.
                      Document everything

Comment

Working...
                      X