Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sad thing is this woman has bred...

My mom was at the grocery store today. Sadly, I missed this one, due to a nasty cold, but my mom came home saying "Here's something for your message board."
    So she was in line behind another woman who was trying to cash in a rebate check for Similac. I'm not sure how rebates really work, but apparently she got this check somewhere and it was supposed to be turned in for $40 worth of similac baby formula.
    The only problem? She didn't have the check. She did have the piece of paper that had been attached to the check, announcing that she received a check for similac. She tried to use the paper to get the baby formula, but the cashier wouldn't do it, because she needed the check. The woman kept going "You don't need the check, you can just use that!" and getting madder each time.
    A supervisor came over and explained that they needed the check, rinse and repeat. A manager finally came over and tried to calmly explain that they needed the check to send to the Similac company, who would then send them money, and if they just took the paper they would be losing money.
    The woman finally grabbed the paper out of the cashier's hand, left everything on the counter, stormed out of the till, and SHOVED her cart right into a display of wine bottles. It was a miracle they didn't break. After this, my mom said something sympathetic to the cashier about what a bitch she was and the cashier said "I can see why she buys formula, her milk must be sour!" I'm guessing the woman already spent the check some other time, found the paper and decided to see if she could get something more out of it. I feel sorry for her baby.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Sounds like this woman forgot her WIC checks. And yes, you need to have the checks themselves and the paperwork to go along with them to prove that you are indeed the holder of the checks. Sometimes there are multiple names on them (like the father or grandparents).
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I feel sorry for her child(ren). If she has any.

Might be a scammer of a different sort (especially since powdered formula is stolen to be added to drugs and whatnot).
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I use to get those, Simliac sends checks in the mail and you can use one check per transaction. Each check is worth $5. So even if she wanted to, she wouldn't have been able to use all $40 on one transaction.

Comment

I didn't know that, about the drugs. That's interesting.
          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

i smell a scam; i can't think of any store accepting a piece of paper as proof of anything, since it's easy to fake things like that.

scam and bs, i mean.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
            X