This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See, I probably would have done something along the lines of,

"You're his mom, then, right? So why don't you do your job, raise your child, and teach him respect for his fellow person already, instead of acting like everything he does is just fine. It's parents like you who are to blame for rising crime rates, for crying out loud."
    Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      If anybody would try that with me, child or otherwise, he wouldn't know what hit him. And that would be a reflex.

I know, I know, I shouldn't say that, but I am very protective of my personal space and any valuables I may have on me. And I don't know whether it's a kid getting all handsy or an adult trying to pickpocket me.

If there's a hand in my pants or anyplace else that I didn't give permission to be there, look out.
      That's pretty much the same thing with me. I spent the first 15 years of my life starting fights with my brother over something as innocent as a poke before we both started taking tae kwan do. its STILL instinct for me to react violently to that kind of situation, as people at my track team and work have discovered the hard way. i would have felt really bad about it, but you try taking something of mine (from dignity to ipods) it will not end well.

ps: I'd like to point out that I'm really not a violent person (except to my brother and sparring partners) but I usually don't even notice I've reacted like that until a few seconds after the fact. let me tell you, I really wish I didn't do that anymore; its hard to explain to your female colleagues why you react like that to something relatively innocent.
      Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
      --Unknown

Comment

what bugs me, is the kid is putting his hands into the pocket of a male. *ahem* i have a vague idea of what the male anatomy is like, and for all the kid knows, he might have been helping a paedophile get his rocks off.

If a grownup had done that, there would have been physical repercussions, and quite possibly charges of attempted theft and sexual assault....
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I can't stand parents with the 'my kid can do no wrong' attitude. Like come on, it's definitely not ok to go into someone else's pocket and grab their stuff. I have no problems if a kid comes up to me and asks to look at something, but don't just come up and take it. Parents need to give their heads a shake and discipline their kids and teach them some friggin manners! If it had been my kid doing that I would've been super embarassed and my kid definitely wouldn't be doing that again!

Comment

How dare you be mad? He was perfectly within his rights to take something out of your pockets without your knowledge or permission. He was just going to look at it ya know!
            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

If anyone had done that to me, I probably would have hit out. I have a paranoia amounting to an obsession about my personal space; sorry, I know we don't condone violence on this board, but this wouldn't be a reasoned, thought out response, it would be an instinctive one.

And in the supermarket where I work, one Christmas these two kids were caught stealing various Christmassy foodstuffs; when interrogated, they said that their mum had told them to steal. Mommy Dearest was caught as she tried to run out the store leaving her kids to face the music alone. They were aged just seven and eight. -.- Sometimes, I weep for the future of humanity.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
              X