This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucktacular Shopping Adventures

My boyfriend and I were loading our groceries into the truck when this SUV pulls up, two girls get out wearing all black. Rather than walking out in the middle of the parking lot where people could see them better they walk as close to the rows of parked cars as possible. Sure enough someone doesn't see them and starts to pull out.

One of the girls yells "Watch where you're going b***h." They go into the store and return ten minutes later coffees in hand. They choose to again walk close to the parked cars and again someone doesn't see them. This time the girl yells "You almost hit us, grandpa." Anyone with a brain knows that wearing all black in the evening can make you hard to spot. It's even harder when you refuse to walk in an area that is better lit than the area you chose to walk in.

So we then go to the Burger King as we pull in we notice the drive-thru is packed and choose to get a to go order from the lobby. An older lady in the car next to us pulls out and then back in again. We assume she's just trying to park better in her space. We go in, the lady proceeds to sit in her car.

We get our food and head back to the truck when we notice her just glaring at us. We get in begin sorting out our food when she pounds on the window and shouts "I had the courtesy to pull out when you pulled in, you could have given me the same courtesy" She then says something about how we "bumped" her car (we did no such thing) and stormed off.

How were we supposed to know that was the reason she pulled out. If she was so worried about her precious car being hit why did she park right next to us in a nearly empty parking lot? We are always beyond careful with our doors and I made sure the door in no way touched her car.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
    Anyone with a brain knows that wearing all black in the evening can make you hard to spot. It's even harder when you refuse to walk in an area that is better lit than the area you chose to walk in.
    I almost hit one of those brainless idiots who decided to step out in front of my car. It was a dark-skinned black guy, wearing dark clothes, crossing a poorly-lit blacktop road, at night. I didn't see him until I was practically on top of him, and even then, they only reason I saw him was because he was smoking, and I saw the glow from his cigarette. Ironically, smoking may have actually saved his life that time.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I actually hate when people walk in the middle of the aisles because they wont MOVE for traffic going up and down the aisle.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I'll walk up the sides of the aisle, but I'm also looking for those tell-tale signs that someones is going to back out, like the head swivel, brake lights come on, reverse lights come on, etc. Then I'll either stop and wait, or switch over to the other side of the aisle.

As for the pull-in/pull-out lady (hey that sounds dirty) I've always picked a spot with at least one empty spot between me and other vehicles if I can.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
          I almost hit one of those brainless idiots who decided to step out in front of my car. It was a dark-skinned black guy, wearing dark clothes, crossing a poorly-lit blacktop road, at night. I didn't see him until I was practically on top of him, and even then, they only reason I saw him was because he was smoking, and I saw the glow from his cigarette. Ironically, smoking may have actually saved his life that time.
          The EXACT same thing happened to me once. All I saw was the small orange flicker from his ciggy.

Comment

Pedestrians may have the right of way in parking lots, but that's small comfort when your spleen gets crushed. Mass + Momentum = right of way.

I always look for a driver if fron out, or otherwise tail lights.

On: be careful, but not in gear to move in your direction.
            Whites: In gear to back up, don't walk past until you're sure they aren't moving. Circle wide to be safe.

Of course, common sense ain't.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              I actually hate when people walk in the middle of the aisles because they wont MOVE for traffic going up and down the aisle.
              and they never walk with any speed, either...it's like they're just out for a stroll in the park...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
                We get in begin sorting out our food when she pounds on the window and shouts "I had the courtesy to pull out when you pulled in, you could have given me the same courtesy" She then says something about how we "bumped" her car (we did no such thing) and stormed off.
                Ok, I just don't get that one. Did she make that one up herself? And if she was so pissed that you "bumped" her car that she waited for you, why the hell didn't she call the cops?

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
                like the head swivel, brake lights come on, reverse lights come on, etc.
                What's this "head swivel" that you speak of? Do you mean people actually look before they start backing up where you are? Could you come here and teach everyone how to do this? I promise you great New Mexican food in payment!
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                  Ok, I just don't get that one. Did she make that one up herself? And if she was so pissed that you "bumped" her car that she waited for you, why the hell didn't she call the cops?
                  Personally I have no clue. She accused us of bumping her car after we had exited the restaurant. However not only did my door not come close enough to bump her there not a speck of visible damage. I think she was in a pissy mood and ready to pick a fight with the first person she saw.
                  My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Working...
                  X