This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two from my adventures at Training

So, I'm in a three day training session. That means, lunch out on the Uni's dime for 3 days! WOOT!

First, an SE.

I ran into Wal*Mart to get some more Crunch Jingles to snack on during the class. As I was trying to pull out of the parking lot, one of the cart guys had left his cart puller full of carts right in the middle of the lanes between the parking spots. Where I was, I was kinda stuck. Had he stopped it more on one side or the other, people could have gotten past. Had he put it in the very long row of empty spots, people could have gotten past. Instead, it sat there, in the middle of the lanes, as people sat there, waiting to get past.

Then, an SC.

I don't have much back story on this, but as I was leaving MickyDee's for lunch, I heard one of the cashier's voice getting raised as she tried to explain to a customer that they weren't being charged more if they did eat in or carry out, no matter what the register said. She kept repeating herself, getting louder and louder.
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Quoth technical.angel View Post
    I heard one of the cashier's voice getting raised as she tried to explain to a customer that they weren't being charged more if they did eat in or carry out, no matter what the register said.
    I was pretty baffled the first time I saw "carry out tax" on a McDonald's receipt. I wonder why that's there anyway.
    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Quoth kerrisan View Post
      I was pretty baffled the first time I saw "carry out tax" on a McDonald's receipt. I wonder why that's there anyway.
      If I'm not mistaken, some states have a different meals tax for dining in and carrying out.
      "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Nah, it says carry-out meaning you're doing it to go. The spot for the tax just happens to be right next to it. You aren't getting charged for eating in or getting to go.
        My Wajas cave

Comment

Quoth chops View Post
          If I'm not mistaken, some states have a different meals tax for dining in and carrying out.
          Yep, and that's what she was trying to tell him..., except he apparently wasn't listening.
          SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
          SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth Bramble View Post
            Nah, it says carry-out meaning you're doing it to go. The spot for the tax just happens to be right next to it. You aren't getting charged for eating in or getting to go.
            Actually, from my tenure at McHell, that's pretty much exactly right. The designator for "Tray or Bag" just happens to line up with the "Tax" line.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Heh. That's the same reason I know about it JustA.
              My Wajas cave

Comment

Working...
              X