• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A chance I'm willing to take.

Rapscallion

Comment

Electric Carts don't hurt people, the idiots driving them do
      If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
      www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Quoth Bagga View Post
        This thread is useless without photos.

Was this the kind of thing you were thinking of?

Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I've noticed that a lot of folks who use the electrics carts just aren't all that careful about how they drive them. I avoid them at all costs.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I can kiss an $80 pair of jeans goodbye thanks to those damn carts. I was in Wal-Mart the other day and I had one senile old bitch back into me, and I could not get out of the way in time, so it caught my back pocket, and I was dragged backwards and forwards. She never heard me yelling at her. It finally took me throwing a box of hamburger helper at her head to get her to stop. One of the CSR's helped me to my feet, and asked if I was ok, but then senile sucky bitch proceeded to yell at me for "Assaulting" her, and it was somehow my fault that she did not look where she was going and the FINAL insult was her bitching at me being dressed inappropriately as her antics ripped my jeans so bad, all you could see were my briefs.

Fortunately they had the incident on video, and the SM offered me a copy of it if I want to proceed with a civil claim. Like that is going to do any good. Wal-Mart offered a $100 gift card as it was their cart, but I refused. I don't need the price of everything to go up just because they want to give money away. I said that the lady should be responsible for the jeans, and should look at being thrown into a home.

She freaked, and started cussing at the SM of how she was being victimized and if anyone should get the gift card it was her. Fortunately the SM was smart enough to realize that my $400/ month spending there is more important than her $30 / month, and told her that they had it on tape, and I have every right to sue her, yadda yadda. She finally got the point, and gave me $50 cash right then and there.
            Windows Operating System is an oxymoron."

Oh, You want instant Gratification? Go f*ck yourself then!
            I found the problem. /dev/clue was linked to /dev/null

Comment

OH. MY. GOODNESS.

I'm sorry, I realize it isn't meant to be funny, but something about you whipping a box of Hamburger Helper to get her attention just made me giggle. Glad it all turned out alright, and hopefully there was another pair of those pants wherever you got them originally!

I always find it frustrating when I go to Wal-Mart, and when I get to the dairy section, there seems to be an entire of escaped nursing home residents, each with an electric cart or scooter, a can of cat food in each cart, all of them just staring at the milk cooler as if it's going to do something!
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                OH. MY. GOODNESS.

I'm sorry, I realize it isn't meant to be funny, but something about you whipping a box of Hamburger Helper to get her attention just made me giggle.
                Oh good. I'm not the only one who found that story hilarious. There's something really funny about getting repeatedly dragged back and forth by an oblivious elderly woman.

Seriously, Qaeria - I'm glad you weren't hurt. Is it safe to assume that you now find this experience funny in retrospect?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I HATE those stupid fucking carts. Half the time, the people using them can walk perfectly fine. I remember yesterday I was on the scan. The battery in the gun went out, so I had to charge it. I walk up, and I see a couple lard ass women in their 30's (the ones who think they're better than everyone else, but in reality, they are mere project trash). The one who was using the cart, steered the thing over to the place near the wall to try and plug it back in (did not even come close, had it all crooked and shit. As I got finished putting the gun into the charger, I turn towards the CSM (who was watching the lard-asses finish their checkout), and say, "It's so nice that we can allow able-bodied people to use machines meant for handicapped people." Of course, they gave me a dirty look. Typical! So they finish up and she walks out the door perfectly fine. Me and CSM share a laugh while putting the cart into the outlet the right way.

Tex
                  Dr. Turk: Yo, Elliot... what's your ringtone?
                  Dr. Reid: "Jesus, Take the Wheel" by Carrie Underwood.
                  The Todd: "I'm carrying under wood right now. See, that's funny because it's true."

Comment

Working...
                  X