This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wee! We have a Wii!

There is a computer store near my house, and I am very friendly with the staff there, they helped me a lot when my Xbox360 got the dreaded red ring of death. I have my own Wii, but my parents are desperate for one, so I told them that if I found one, I would buy them it and they could just give me the money back.

So, I go into the store.

Me: I know you've probably been asked this about a million times today, but do you have any Wii's?
    Employee: One minute...

She walked away and started chatting with the manager. They were talking in hushed voices and looking at me. They both walked over, and started whispering to me.

E: We have one...
    Me: Really??
    Manager: Shhhh...it's on hold for someone. But the lady has been really pissing us off. We call her every day asking when she is coming in to get it, she always says "I'll be in later today" and never shows. We've had it out the back for over a month now...
    Me: Ok...
    Manager: So, I'm going to call her, no doubt she will say she'll be in later today, but if she is not here in ONE HOUR, the Wii is yours.
    Me:
    Manager: One hour...good luck!

I basically walked around in circles for an hour and returned to the store. The same girl was there.

Me: Did she come get it?
    E: Nope, and we warned her we could only hold it for another hour. She just said "I'll be there later" again!
    Me: So...can I have the Wii?
    E: Yes!

It was amazing, several other shoppers gasped when she brought it out. It was like the Holy Grale, you could imagine gold light shining from it.

It's a shame though. I would have loved to have seen that ladies face when she eventually turned up for her Wii. I'm going to have to go back and find out if she did.

*snicker* I still don't understand this whole struggle to get Wiis. We walked down to Zellers, asked for one, and were handed one straight away. No lines, no lack of stock... just went to the store and bought one.
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
      *snicker* I still don't understand this whole struggle to get Wiis. We walked down to Zellers, asked for one, and were handed one straight away. No lines, no lack of stock... just went to the store and bought one.
      Not all distribution zones have the same Production Capacity-to-Demand ratio. The US, for example, tends to have an extremely low level of production capacity compared to our population for items like this.

Since each region is tasked with keeping up with their own demand, that means we get shortages while other areas might have more than they need.
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

It was amazing, several other shoppers gasped when she brought it out. It was like the Holy Grale, you could imagine gold light shining from it.
        I'm surprised that all of the customers in the store didn't stand at attention as it was passed by with all of the other employees flanking the carrier, then saluted you on your way out the door. :-p
        Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

I went to Gamestop to trade in some old games the other day, and there were three of them sitting on the shelf behind the counter. I asked to be sure, and the clerk said "Yup, you want one? They've been there for a week."

Man, if I had an extra thousand bucks, I'd be all over eBay with those things.
          "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Just goes to show when you are a regular customer that treats the staff with dignity and respect . . . the availabiltiy karma gods will be on your side.

If only we could get stories like this to be top on the news and front page . . .
            Customer Gets to Purchase Limited Item because they Always Treat Clerk Like Human - Story at 10

no wait if that were the case we wouldn't have this delightful sight to enjoy each other on

Comment

I got my Wii when it first came out last year--the Best Buy I went to was able to get everyone--EVERYONE; think about that--waiting in line a system. 27 people, 27 Wiis. A modern day miracle, that.
              The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

Totally awesome. Serves her right. Hope your parents enjoy!
                It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
                X