This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're all the same, aren't you?

I ordered an item online and had it shipped to my home. It arrived broken and I went to Wal-mart last night to exchange it, which totally defeats the reason I had it shipped to me, so I didn't have to fight the lines, pay for gas and mostly, deal with holiday SC's. The time: 11:15pm (becomes important in a minute)

Anyway, I'm in line in customer service, 3 customers in front of me which isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Customer 1 and 2 went through the process fairly quickly, maybe 5 minutes total time. Than it was this lady's turn.

SC: three guesses
    WE: Wally World employee

SC: Hi, I need to return these. They're the wrong size.
    WE: do you have the receipt, please?
    SC: (hands WE the receipt)
    WE: I'm sorry Ma'am but we can't take these.
    SC: (going from nice to bitch in 2.3 seconds) Why the hell not? I never wore them!
    WE: Because these things were bought at K-Mart.
    SC: So? What is that supposed to mean?
    WE: We're Wal-Mart, ma'am, we can't take things from K-mart in return.
    SC: Why not? All you guys are all the same and they're closed anyway. I need the money for these tonight!
    WE: Wal-Mart and K-Mart are two separate companies. We are competitors. We don't take their items and I'm sure they won't take ours.

This goes on for about 10 - 15 minutes to the point of WE having to call a manager to tell the woman the same thing. The woman kept insisting that because they were both the same because they both had "Mart" in their name. SC does finally relent and left the line in a huff.

ME: (after lady leaves) I wonder if she thinks that Bed-Mart, Dairy Mart and PetsMart are all the same company too.
    Last edited by bigjimaz; 12-13-2007, 11:33 PM.
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Wow, what an epic failure of all forms of intelligence. I'm surprised that she has the mental compacity to breathe on her own. I hope she didn't breed, though it's likely she did. I hope it was with a smarter mate, like a mop.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Geez, saying Wal-Mart and K-Mart are the same company is almost like saying Pepsi and Coke are the same beverage because they are both colas.

I'm actually very surprised that the manager didn't cave and give her the money anyway, especially after the stories I've read on this site. Or maybe that was just that rare breed of manager who actually had a spine and would stand up to customers.
      Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

She wouldn't have gotten the refund at my store either (Meijer) but only because our service desk closes at 11:00PM. She'd have to wait til 7:00AM the next day to get her money.

Our store refunds everything! Doesn't matter how old it is, where you bought it or if you have a receipt or not. Just show up before 11:00PM and be sure to leave your inside voice at home.

The louder you whine the bigger your refund!

Retail Haiku:
        Depression sets in.
        The hellhole is calling me ~
        I don't want to go.

Comment

I've run into that at a couple of stores I worked at. One was a department store. We'd always get people trying to return Levi's.

Me: I'm sorry, I can't take these particular jeans because they weren't purchased here!

SC: What do you mean! They're Levi's... you carry Levi's!!!

Me: Yes, but not those particular Levi's, sorry.

rinse, lather, repeat until SC finally gets a clue

Also, when working at Home Depot, we'd get Lowe's customers all the time trying to return stuff and throwing a fit when we refused.
          My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

I think I remember reading something on here a year or so ago probably another incarnation of the site that someone tried to order a Big Mac at Burger King or maybe it was a Whopper at Mickey D's. Well, I don't know if they assume both restaraunts are the same but of course, they are major competitors. I'm wondering if someone who is related to that woman.

Anyway I can't believe people can be this stupid and think just because they have similar names doesn't mean they are the same.
            Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
            My space
            Facebook

Comment

When I still work at the home improvements store, people were constantly trying to return things that we didn't carry.

Worse yet, the idiots at the returns desk were accepting them.

One of many reasons the place went under.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

At my last job, we didn't take returns. But this one time we did. It was an anime that we didn't carry. But because they said they would sue the company, that the owners gave in. All the time, I wanted to take a clue-by-4 to them.
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                X