This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Cadet At The Market

I am at the market when this Olsen twin lookalike floats in. She is staring off in space and humming this very odd tune. She doesn't even notice she's about to walk right into me causing me to have to step quickly out of the way.

She goes up to the cashier who is busy mopping up a spill. "Do you sell Pelligrino here?" The cashier didn't hear her properly and asked her to repeat herself. She then says in this loud, slow patronizing tone "Do you have bubbly water, ya know sparkly water." The clerk gives her an annoyed look and Space Cadet whirls around grabs a nearby bottle of seltzer and says "Just kidding"

She proceeded to hum through the ringing up of her items and floated out, probably back to her spaceship.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Better call J and K. I think one of their residents is out of their zone.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

What is it with people humming lately? And they're not even humming an actual tune, just random sounds! Meh, maybe I'm sensitive to it because my grandmother does it and it drives me up the wall.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

So funny that you should compare her to an Olsen twin...because just today, I had two teenage girls who looked like the Olsen twins (they were likely sisters, but not identical) come in.

I was completely slammed with customers and they asked where they could find a payphone. I didn't have much time to play tour guide, least of all to non-customers, so I waved them in the general direction and said, "Over there".

They say, "Over where?" I point again and say, "There! Head in that direction!" And I go back to serving customers.

They both stand there drooling for a minute, muttering to each other "Where? I don't see it. Why doesn't she just tell us?"

GAH! Move your stupid butts in the general direction and find it! I'm not drawing you twits a damned map, and I'm not holding your hands and walking you over to it!

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
          Better call J and K. I think one of their residents is out of their zone.
          There's been a mass jailbreak, and they all seem to have migrated to my town.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I don't know what it is. I find humming and whistling annoying while I am at work. When I am at other places, I don't notice it.

Comment

Maybe she was wearing earbuds? Not that that excuses imbecilic behavior, I'm just sayin'.
              Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
              - Robert E. Howard

Comment

Mebbe she was stoned? most of the space cadets at my old workplace (gas station, graveyard shift) acted like that and were usually stoned out of their tree.
                Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling?

Comment

Quoth ForestDragon View Post
                  Maybe she was wearing earbuds? Not that that excuses imbecilic behavior, I'm just sayin'.
                  No in fact that was the first thing I looked for when the humming started. The only music going on was probably playing in her head.
                  My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Working...
                  X