Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you REALLY that heartless?! (a tiny bit of language.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you REALLY that heartless?! (a tiny bit of language.)

And...out comes the inner-geek in me.

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but this person just literally made my jaw drop a few minutes ago.

Back-story:

Okay, I play the MMORPG World of Warcraft. (Yes, I'm a geek!). I have a program called Vent (Ventrilo). For people who don't know what that is, it's a program that lets you chat verbally via the internet with a microphone/headset. You can have multiple channels on it so people don't have to talk over each other all the time.

Anyways. I was playing WoW with Vent, I was in a group in a dungeon. This person comes into our channel while we were trying to discuss strategies, and launches into the following story.

H: Unbelievable scum POS, sorry excuse for a human being.
    Me: Obvious :P

H: Hey guys. I need your opinion on something.

Me: On what?

H: Well, not opinion, but I want you to tell me how tactful I was earlier today. I have a story, and I think you guys will think it's amusing.

Me: *Slightly peeved, as it was obvious we were busy.* ...uh....okay?

H: I went to K-mart, and right when I hit the electronics department, there was this older man on the floor, having a heart attack or something. The paramedics were there, pumping on his chest, trying to revive him. I think he was dead. The manager was standing next to them, all panicking. I went up and needed to know where the headphones were. He just looked at me funny, and I said, 'I'm the customer, you're supposed to help me, now where are the headphones?'

Me: *Interrupting his oh-so-funny story.* Wait a minute..what?! You saw a guy possibly dying, and you just demanded that the manager help you, when he's obvious having more important things to deal with? Like a GUY DYING?!

H: The guy was dead, so he wouldn't be a paying customer anymore. The paramedics were there, so it wasn't the manager's responsibility anymore. I was alive and was a paying customer. *Laughs* He should have been helping me!

I think my expression went like this upon hearing his story....
    ..... .....

Me: Get. The. Hell. Out. Of. My. Channel. Now. You speak to me again, I will ban you from vent. Do not open your mouth again, just leave my fucking channel NOW.

I stunned the other people in the channel into silence.

I just couldn't handle....how heartless that guy was. That was the toned down version, some of what he said was blurred out of my mind because I was so pissed off. But he was laughing and going on about how that manager shouldn't have been panicking, and how bad he was because he wasn't helping "A paying customer."
    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Hello fellow WoW player.

Yeah, your friend needs his ass seriously kicked. If I saw someone on the floor DYING in a store I think I'd be too traumatized/upset to even continue my shopping. A human life is more valuable than headphones! But try telling that to some SC! "How DARE he be dying when I need to be SERVED!!! I'm the CUSTOMER!!!"
    My Myspace, add me!

Comment

I'm an EQ2 guy myself but man the suck is strong in that one. What the hell ever happened to common decency and concern for your fellow man? I swear my faith in humanity dies a little more every day.

Even though I play EQ2, I love the WoW commercial with Mr. T. Classic goodness that one is.

Mr. T: I'm a Night-Elf Mohawk.

Announcer Guy: That class does not exist.

Mr. T: SHUT UP FOOL!
      I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

I guess his headphones were more important than some guy's life. What an idiot.
        It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
        -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

That makes me mad just reading about it! Even if it wasn't a life and death emergency, if I saw paramedics and the manager dealing with them, I sure as hell wouldn't interrupt to ask where something was. Assuming the situation was under control and there was nothing I could do to help, I'd stay out of their way and find another employee to help me.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

As somebody who watched a guy writhing on the floor in pharmacy due to a brain hemmorhage which eventually killed him, and later found out an SC was demanding he be rolled off to the side so she could pick up her prescription, that really angers me.

How can people be so cruel to their fellow man?
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

That guy is sad and pathetic. However, as disturbing his behavior was, I can't say that I'm actually surprised. Mans inhumanity to man and all that....
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                As somebody who watched a guy writhing on the floor in pharmacy due to a brain hemmorhage which eventually killed him, and later found out an SC was demanding he be rolled off to the side so she could pick up her prescription, that really angers me.

I've heard numerous tales from pharmacys where people have been receiving *urgent* treatment, be it after MI, stroke GANGREEN, seizures etc and people still want them dragged away so they can get their precious little bits (normally asprin* or other suitibly dull drug)

*analgesics, if over a certain quantity, can only be sold at a pharmacy counter.
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Are you sure he wasn't just trolling for reactions?

I'm not doubting someone would do it, but the wording and the way he bragged about it seem a little contrived to get a shock reaction.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

We can only hope he was just telling stories, Ree. The way it's worded, he did sound a little too over smug, didn't he?
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I really hope so. But even if he was, that is a horrible, horrible thing to joke about.
                      Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        But they're in a hurry and more important!
                        Customers: from 0 to stupid in 2.5 sentences.

Comment

That's just heartless and cold. People like that dude on vent piss me off and disgust me!
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                            Are you sure he wasn't just trolling for reactions?

I'm not doubting someone would do it, but the wording and the way he bragged about it seem a little contrived to get a shock reaction.
                            Sounds like /b/ to me. Or possibly the opening to a Fresh Prince (where you troll someone over voice or IRC or somesuch, really get them going, and then start quoting the Fresh Prince theme).

Way too smug to be real. But I'm really sorry you had to hear that. I would have had the same reaction even knowing he was probably voice-trolling.
                            My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Working...
                            X