This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a beech!

Tonight I went to finish some Christmas shopping for my sister and her family. I ended up at Family Dollar for some gag stocking stuffers - kid PDAs and cell phones for my teenage niece and nephew as well as some other stuffs for them.

As I'm checking out, in walks someone who has an item that makes the alarm go off. He doesn't care the alarm is going off, and just stands there like a moron wondering why there are noises and lights. Finally as cashier gets him to move forward so he can be helped.

Turns out he has a TracFone or something like that. I couldn't tell. He wanted to return it, but couldn't because of corporate policy. The guy gets mad and demands his money back. The cashier tells him he will need to speak to the manager tomorrow because she has the final say.

As I'm walking out, the guy decides to push over a display of Christmas ornaments, and I'm pretty sure I heard some breaking. I've had a rather shitty day and someone acting like a jerk just gets me.

Me: Smooth move, guy.
    Jerk: Shut up beech! (yes, just like I typed it. Did I mention he looked Middle Eastern?) You pick up. You make mess, beech!
    Me: Excuse me? I don't think so. You walked in here, acted like an idiot and made a mess. The only one who did this was you. I think you'd better clean that up and pay for what you broke before they call the police.
    Clerk: (on the phone) Sir you will have to clean it up.
    Jerk: No! Beech make mess, not me! See?! *kicks already broken ornament*
    Me: Really? *becoming rather amused, then turns to the cashier who helped me* Say, you have security cameras, right? *clerk nods vigorously*

About that time, a squad car pulls up, lights flashing. The guy makes a run for it - right into the police officer. I'm standing aside, waiting to go, but suspect that I might have to stay and lean against the counter. The guy starts yelling in his native language, pointing at me, at the phone in his hand and struggling. The offier drags him out to the car, then comes in to find out what happened and review the tapes.

After about half an hour, hubby calls to see where I am and I tell him that I'm a bit busy, I'll be home soon.

It ended with the guy being taken away for destruction of property and causing a public disturbance. The cashier offered to let me have something on them, but since it was already late, I got a voucher for something at a later visit.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Rock on. And even more so since the store was cool enough to give you something for helping them get this idiot punished. This is why patience and controlling your temper are taught in kindergarden.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
      Rock on. And even more so since the store was cool enough to give you something for helping them get this idiot punished. This is why patience and controlling your temper are taught in kindergarden.
      Too bad at least 50% of the population seemed to have missed that day in school.
      Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Wait... a tracphone at a dollar store? I'm confuzzled.
        Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
        Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
        The Office

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
          Wait... a tracphone at a dollar store? I'm confuzzled.
          Family Dollar isn't a dollar store, as such. More like a strip mall, sized down version of the ghettoist Wal-Mart you can imagine, if I remember correctly.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Oooohhhhhhhh...

I've been near them but never been inside. I don't think I'll start now.
            Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
            Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
            The Office

Comment

I live close to a Dollar General. They carry the TracPhone and the cards to add time to them. They used to carry the Cricket phones but they discontinued carrying them because the town I live in and the one where the store is isn't in the coverage range of the carrier. Even the TracPhone is iffy in certain areas in the region.
              This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Beeches are lovely trees. You should be proud.
                My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

It looked like a TracFone (or Phone, my mind is fried), but it could have been one of those other pay as you go type phones. There are so damned many of them.

Anyway, I got a call from the manager of the store, thanking me for my patience and wondering when I'd be back. I don't normally go into that part of town. It's not really a nice area. It was one of the few reasons hubby and I wanted to leave the area for a nicer part.

I suppose if I'd decided to go all the way to the northern most part of the county, I could have gone to Dollar General, but then I wouldn't have had as much excitement.
                  Random conversation:
                  Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                  DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I worked in a family dollar. I used to HATE hearing: but isn't this a dollar store? I wonder what idiot put the word "dollar" in the name.

Wow, that store must have a lot of customers because the one I worked at didn't have security cameras or alarms. That guy was a jerk.

Yeah, they sold tracfones. Pain in the asses. You had to scan the mins and use a special tool type of thing to get them off the display. They're a piece of crap. Do not buy these from Family Dollar. They had so many complaints and its hard to return them.

I'm glad that guy didn't try to punch you or anything. He sounds like maybe he was drunk? Or just an ass?

Comment

Working...
                    X