This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Secret Shopper View Post
    Well, I was at the Goodwill Store the other day and was asked if I worked there! I told the woman that I must really be looking unsuccessful today.
    I'm treating this as a misunderstood joke.

Some of us HAVE worked at Goodwill.

I never considered myself as unsuccessful, even when I worked there. It was one of my favorite jobs.

Please keep in mind, that just because you wouldn't consider working somewhere doesn't mean that someone else doesn't enjoy it.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I was joking with the lady, yes. Actually, working at Goodwill would be my dream job if it paid as well as nursing. I am quite the regular there. I run into my favorite doctor I work with frequently.
      Secret Shopper RN

Comment

bumping old thread, but i had to post this. was walking round the local walmart in:
        black mesh
        chain-and-button-COVERED-pants
        gaming shirt
        animal ears/tail
        and trenchcoat covered in patches.

not 5 min into being there i am getting asked if i work there. gawd-damnit
        Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Weird thing, since I started working in an office I hardly ever (note, I did not say never) get asked 'do you work here?' My BF says it's because I no longer emit retail vibes.
          I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
            I once had one in reverse... there I was at work, in uniform (but not behind the counter), when all of a sudden I get asked "You don't look like you work here, but can you find me somebody who does?"

(The uniform was the same colour as the exterior of the store, and had the logo on it. I also had a nametag with the logo and my name. I was stacking shelves at the time)
            I had one while I was wearing my work polo shirt, and had my head and arms in a game working on it. Meaning, the back of the game was open and I was using a multimeter to check wire continuity.

Apparently, the customer thought we just let random customers help us fix games
            Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

Working...
            X