This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible Parenting

This happened on Friday. In the biggest mall in the tri-county area, at my job.

Crazy busy in that whole mall that day, and a little (~4 yo) girl goes past the store manager. He asks who she's looking for, and says her mom, so he calls security. After they get there, they get the whole story out of the little girl. Her mom had left her, and her ~7 yo brother, in the arcade while she went shopping with her (the mom's) sister.

They try to page the mom, she doesn't respond, the older brother ends up giving the city cop who was called in because it was a lost child his mom's cell phone, which she'd given them, to call his aunt.

As soon as the mom comes back, she starts in on the older brother, and the cop basically dresses her down right then and there.

Boo bad parent, but yay cop!
    Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

She had the nerve to yell at her kid for calling her with a cop right there? She's lucky if they don't take the kids and start an investigation!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

o_0

CPS needs to give that 'mom' a very stern call ~at least~...that behavior is uncomfortably close to child abandonment.

Comment

Kids getting yelled at for caling their mom because they were lost?!! That's pretty close to child abandonment. That lady was lucky the cop didn't get DCF or HRS on her ass for that.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Okay, what parent these days would leave children that young alone in any place and think nothing would happen to them. I'm mean what was this woman thinking. Did she think y'll would take care of her children while she was out shopping with her sister especially consider that it's a very busy time of the year? She's lucky that some child predator didn't tried to take them or they didn't get hurt.

Anyway I'm glad the cop got on her case and maybe CPS might a pay a visit to their house. It kind of sounds like she has done something like this before because she was yelling at the boy. At least she had enough sense to give them her cell phone.
          Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
          My space
          Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X