This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 dollar bill lady

I went into the food court for lunch break at 10:10 to go to Wendy's; it opened at 10.

Lady and her kids walk up just as I walk up. I get in line, but they stand to the side and discuss what they want. One of the little girls of the family goes up to the counter in front of me and leans on it. I'm cool with that. You know how some kids are--I thought the mom was going to call her back because they weren't in line. Well, that didn't happen. They move in front of me. The worker at the counter gives me a look and I shake my head to tell her not to worry about it.

Well, they order about twenty dollars worth of food and then the mom whips out a 100 dollar bill to pay with. Girl at the counter looks at the woman like she's stupid.

Worker: Uh, ma'am, I can't make change for that.
    SC: Why not?
    Worker: We just opened ten minutes ago.
    SC: Well, why don't you have the money for it?
    Worker: Because...we just opened ten minutes ago. Do you have something else you can pay with?

Manager comes up: Ma'am, I can't take that; we don't have the money for it. We don't open with a lot of money in the door and even in the middle of the day, we usually don't have enough change for that.
    SC: It's all I have! (she starts to stomp her right foot on the floor. It had a heel on it so it was very loud on the floor.) There's about five people in line behind me.

Manager: (heavy sigh) Fine, I'll go next door to the pizza place to see if they have money, but they just opened too. (she leaves, goes next door, and appears at the counter next door. I hear her ask "do you have change for this?" and then the manager over there laughs, "are you crazy? we just opened!")

Wendy's manager comes back over and gives the bill back: I can't take this. I'm sorry.
    SC: (starts flippin' out, in front of her kids)

The people in line, along with me, are getting antsy and muttering darkly about the woman. I just got pissed off because I was hungry and she took up 10 minutes of my break because she's stupid! My blood sugar was low too and I get cranky when that happens.

Me: For god's sake! As much as I hate saying this because we are not a bank, go to "my store" and get change! Next time you go to a fast food place just after opening, bring something smaller to pay with!

Lady gives the bill to her oldest kid and tells her to go to my store which is right across the food court. They suspend her order and finally take mine. I get food, I eat, and I'm happy.

That is why I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE when the bank gives me any bill larger than a 20.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      That is why I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE when the bank gives me any bill larger than a 20.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
      Just ask them not to when you're cashing a check or whatever.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
        Just ask them not to when you're cashing a check or whatever.
        I did, but they gave me large bills anyway. One of the reasons I'm switching banks.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Yeah, I got some £ changed into $ for my holiday to the U.S. in March and I got a 100 and a couple of 50s in with it. When I got home and checked the money I was like, 'what am I going to do with these? I'll look like an idiot tourist!' But the taxi to and from the airport is like $50 each way so I guess I can use some of it up that way, haha. It is always annoying to get large amounts of cash like that, though.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            I did, but they gave me large bills anyway. One of the reasons I'm switching banks.
            At my bank, if you want all $20's and you ask for all $20's then we'll give you all $20's. If you don't make any special request then we'll give you a mix of bills. We even have some people who will get a few large bills, but lots of $5 and $1 bills for lunches or to give their kids to take to school for snacks. I don't understand why some banks can't just do what the customer asks them to do. Seriously, if somebody requests all $20 bills it's not taht difficult to cater to their request. I prefer large bills myself (mostly because they're more secure than smaller ones) but I usually don't carry cash myself and when I get large bills they usually go straight to another bank anyway. If I need a $20 then I use the ATM. At least I have enough sense to not use anything bigger than a $20 at a fast food joint. If I'm buying $100 then I might use a $100 bill, but buying $100 in food at Wendy's has yet to happen for me.
            Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Wow, I've NEVER had a bank fail to give me the mix of bills that I've requested.

How much does a Wendy's or other fast food place start the day with if they can't break a $100 on a $20 order? A few $20s and you've got change.
              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                How much does a Wendy's or other fast food place start the day with if they can't break a $100 on a $20 order? A few $20s and you've got change.
                From what I know, most mall places don't start the day with any twenties. Fives, maybe a couple tens.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Most places don't want 20's in the till. You dump them in the safe as soon as you can.

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post

For safety reasons, most places only start with $50-100, including actual coin change.
                    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I once had a guy come at approximately 9:03am and buy a $3.95 magazine, and wanted to pay with a $100 bill. He was my first customer of the day. We started the shift with $100 in coins, $5s and $1, and occasionally a $10 or two. I told him I didn't have change for it, so could he pay with something smaller, or if he wanted to wait a few minutes I would call the manager to get change from the back (we usually would have enough in the safe). He got all huffy and said "Don't they give you any money?" I was very tempted to take out the amount of his magazine, then dump the rest of the drawer on the counter.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I once went to the McD's in the mall and paid with a $100. It was also right after they opened. I had just gotten paid a couple of days earlier and I didn't have a CC or a bank card at that time. I honestly thought, that I was going to be breaking that $100 - but it didn't happen. I politely asked if I could pay with an $100. They were cool with it. They let me.
                        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I like $100s

but I don't usually spend them(I paid in hundreds when i bought my laptop) i just have a giant wad of $100s

Comment

One day at the pet food store, we had just opened, and the first customer came in and bought a $1.95 bag of bird seed. Naturally, he paid with a $100 bill, and all we had were small bills and change. He then threw a fit because he got nothing but small bills and change, then demanded a refund because the cashier had a "bad attitude".

She didn't, of course. He was just upset because we weren't impressed with his big amazing penis enhancement $100.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Back in my fast food days, the tills would start out with $75.00 (including $1, $5 and change) and the safe would have $200.00 in coins. Coins, folks. So breaking a $100.00 bill off the bat would be pretty hard, considering the change would be made in coinage and then we wouldn't have quarters or dimes for the rest of the day. Nope, no sympathy for this idiot woman. Go to a bank.
                              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
                              X