Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw that episode, that lady moved from NJ to PA and couldn't be bothered to update her registration until she ended up in a situation that required it.

The best part is after the lady spend 5+ hours at the impound due to her own stupidity, she finally got her car and as she was leaving was ranting about how rude and unhelpful the manager was. Since he was insisting she actually had to follow the law and stuff.

(Also I concur that PA emissions/inspections laws are a PITA and a racket, but rules is rules)
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

I wasn't even aware that registrations in some states expire. In CT the registration was permanent until you transferred the car. The license plate would expire, and you'd get new stickers for the plates every X years, but the actual registration papers were the same. You also only had to do a safety inspection when you sold the car and emissions every 2 years. In PA it's a safety and emissions inspection every year.

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
        Him: I'll have to schedule you for a hearing. *types* Your hearing is scheduled for <some inconvient time 4 months in the future>.
        Me: FOUR MONTHS?! I have was told over the phone this could get taken care of today. I have a reference number and the girls name if that helps.
        Him: No, that won't help. Everyone has to have a hearing if they dispute the ticket.
        While possibly not that long usually, at least where I work, that's how it is. If we give you a ticket, we can't just ungive it. You have to go to court to dispute it like you did. (and we're a college so we do have the out of area students) Sucks that they told you it could work that way though.
        "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
          While possibly not that long usually, at least where I work, that's how it is. If we give you a ticket, we can't just ungive it. You have to go to court to dispute it like you did. (and we're a college so we do have the out of area students) Sucks that they told you it could work that way though.
          Yeah I understand not being able to just "ungive" the ticket, but I found it pretty ridiculous that I had to wait four months for a court date for a ticket that there was absolutely no reason I should have gotten in the first place. I figured it would be an expedited same day hearing. It's philadelphia so it's not like it's a small town where they have hearings every once in a while, they have them all day every day except weekends I think. And they do have expedited hearings that you can have when you walk in for certain circumstances. I think I was supposed to be given one, but the guy didn't give it to me.

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
            In CT the registration was permanent until you transferred the car. The license plate would expire, and you'd get new stickers for the plates every X years, but the actual registration papers were the same.
            My registration in CT expires every 2 years. I get a new sticker for the plates and a new set of registration papers with a revised expiration date.

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
              Yeah I understand not being able to just "ungive" the ticket, but I found it pretty ridiculous that I had to wait four months for a court date for a ticket that there was absolutely no reason I should have gotten in the first place. I figured it would be an expedited same day hearing. It's philadelphia so it's not like it's a small town where they have hearings every once in a while, they have them all day every day except weekends I think. And they do have expedited hearings that you can have when you walk in for certain circumstances. I think I was supposed to be given one, but the guy didn't give it to me.
              Haven't heard about the same day ones, but when we give someone notice to appear or the option to appear, it's always 30 days after that days date (granted 4 months really sucks) but considering the number of people who are the SC type who should have gotten a ticket but are going to claim otherwise, I can see how it is hard to sort through them and get them taken care of right away. It does suck that you had to wait that long.
              "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
              X