Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ten steps to never dealing with DHL again.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten steps to never dealing with DHL again.

Step one: package is ordered
    Step two: package is "delivered"

During step two DHL guy comes up to door with package, THROWS it at the door causing a loud bang and everyone in the house to jump. We rush to the door to see the guy peeling out and gunning it up the street (yes there were kids outside). We look at the package, one corner has been completely caved in. The door has a MASSIVE dent in it from where it was struck.

Step three: realize we need a new door because this one f'ed up now.
    Step four: call DHL, explain the situation, demand they pay to fix the door (not to unreasonable right? Their guy busts the door they pay for it by taking it out of his paycheck.)
    Step five: DHL tries to jerk us around and basically flat out refuses to pay and then hangs up on us.
    Step six: get pissed, get angry, get evidence. Take photos of damage, put them on the computer and send them along with an email to the head office.
    Step seven: Head office tries to deny responsibility, though not as well as the local office.
    Step eight: call again the next day explain we're sick of being jerked around and are willing to take it to court if they don't cover the cost of a new door.
    Step nine: they cave, we recieve a check in the mail and get a new door.
    Step ten: email CEO, explain entire ordeal and why we will no longer be using them and tell him in no uncertain terms to pull the pathetic act of employee's together and get his head out of his ass.
    We Pick Up the Pieces

What was in the box? And I'm sorry about the crap DHL gave you.
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

that's a bit annoying to, the box had some new plates in it as well. Thankfully DHL weren't the ones to package it so it was loaded with padding and didn't end up getting broken, plus it didn't fall far as the dick-head delivery guy threw it at the bottom of the door.
      We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

I've had only one dealing with DHL myself, and it was one two many. I've had very few, if any problems with all the others -- UPS, FedEx, and even the good old US Postal Service. I think I posted it on here somewhere, but "DHL" is too short to search on.

The short version is, the company that "fixed" my son's shitty Acer laptop used DHL, and they kept trying to deliver it in the morning, even after I told them that no one would be home before 3:00, and after they said they'd wait until after 4:00 to deliver it.

After the third time they tried to deliver it too early, I ended up going over there and picking it up myself. On the box was a huge, bright pink sticker that said "Deliver after 16:00."
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

DHL is horrible. They're the only company that I've known who would refuse to pick up a package AFTER it was called in and accepted.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

so are we all in agreement?
            DHL reeks of EPIC FAIL... all in favor say "I"
            ...I
            We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Oh yeah. I saved up some money over the summer (yes, I count every single penny), and bought a nice Creative 4gb Zen Plus. I got it on eBay, for 80 bucks, much less than it sells retail. They sent it DHL. What does DHL do when they get to my apartment? They leave it in front of the door. In an apartment complex that rents out to, as a vast majority, college students. They didn't even knock, because I had been sitting in the living room that morning and they left it there sometime during that time period.

Apparently DHL doesn't believe that people will just take your shit. This was a week after a bunch of cars had been broken into in broad daylight and someone had their place broken into, was tied up, and robbed (one of the reasons we got the hell out of there.)
              Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

I don't think I've heard of DHL? I guess I should consider myself lucky. Is that an acronym for something?
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                  I don't think I've heard of DHL? I guess I should consider myself lucky. Is that an acronym for something?
                  you are very lucky. I don't know what the official acronym is, but mine is Demonic Hell Legion. They certainly act demonic toward people...
                  We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Thankfully I've never had to use DHL's services. The only times I've ever had a packaged delivered, UPS did so quite expuisitely.

I'd like to second the down with DHL, up with UPS.
                    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Defers Heavy Lifting

My advice to anyone with an option to ship things: use either UPS Ground, FedEx Air, USPS Priority Mail, or USPS Express mail.

I ran a small mail order business for a while and tried DHL, FedEx Ground, FedEx Air, etc. FedEx ground is ex-RPS and it sucks. DHL ... well, it's the worst.

FedEx Air is a totally separate entity from FedEx Ground. FedEx Air is high-grade all the way. FedEx Ground lost half of our packages (12" x 12" x 18" ... hard to lose).

While many people complain about the USPS, they do a very good job. We NEVER had a mail piece lost. Same with UPS Ground and FedEx Air.

The rest, worthless. The employees ... totally suck. Sure, there are exceptions, but those companies are infected with jerks from the top to the bottom.
                      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

here is Wikis' take on DHL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhl
                        http://dragcave.net/image/utXO.gif

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                          I don't think I've heard of DHL?
                          http://www.dhl.com/splash.html

The coin shop almost always used USPS or UPS. FedEx on rare occasion. They never used DHL, though I saw DHL forms in the shipping area. I guess they tried them once and weren't happy. I can tell you that our UPS man was always careful with our deliveries and most professional, and he would've been appalled at the behavior of the DHL driver in the original post..

Interesting how many people have bad things to say about DHL. Why they're still in business, I have no idea.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            Interesting how many people have bad things to say about DHL. Why they're still in business, I have no idea.
                            Good point.

I see this the same way I see any competition:cell phone providers, cable providers, landline phone providers, even different car makers.

If you love one, and all the others really do completely suck, how can they stay in business?
                            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Sadly, the company I work for uses DHL.. hopefully they go to UPS or FedEx after the contract runs out.

Comment

Working...
                              X