This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard on the radio this morning.

I am thinking of it as a sucky customer...cause the guy was a customer of the girl and apparently he was very sucky.

I heard this on The Adam Carolla show yesterday morn on my way home from work. Apparently up in Washington state sometime this weekend, the cops were called to a 7-11. When they got there they arrested a woman outside the store.

What happened was a man went into the 7-11 to buy some alcohol. While perusing the alcohol aisle, he encountered a 27 year old woman. They struck up a conversation, and at some point, there was a deal made: the woman would perform some kind of sexual favor in exchange for a bottle of wine. The lady then went outside to wait. The man, thinking he'd get the best end of the deal, bought two bottles of Thunderbird.

For those who don't know, Thunderbird is like Boone's. It's an incredibly cheap, chemical laden, manufactured alcohol that is given fruity type flavors and marketed as "wine" (nudge nudge, wink, wink.) Its taste was described on the radio show as being like 'apples and urine'. It retails for around $2 or $3 dollars a bottle.

Well the man takes these bottles out to the lady, and she apparently took offense. She picked up one of the bottles of Thunderbird and proceeded to beat the gentleman quite forcefully about the head and shoulders with it. He ended up on the ground bleeding, and Washington's finest were called to pick her up.

See! Even ladies of the evening have to deal with Sucky Customers!!!
    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Geez, at least spring for a bottle of $5 stuff!!!
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

, but hey! Nice to see another ACS listener.

Comment

Off topic, but I bought two friends of mine some wine. I don't know wine, but I bought a real cheap $3 bottle because it sounded "fruity" and another $10.00 bottle listed as "employees choice". My friend picked up the $3 bottle and said "Oh, this is the good one" and no, he wasn't kidding. What can I say, they're easy to please.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post

Off topic, but I bought two friends of mine some wine. I don't know wine, but I bought a real cheap $3 bottle because it sounded "fruity" and another $10.00 bottle listed as "employees choice". My friend picked up the $3 bottle and said "Oh, this is the good one" and no, he wasn't kidding. What can I say, they're easy to please.
          My favorite sparkling wine has to be the $4-$5 stuff (usually André or J. Roget). Tastes good, good buzz, and doesn't hang me over
          "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Quoth chops View Post
            My favorite sparkling wine has to be the $4-$5 stuff (usually André or J. Roget). Tastes good, good buzz, and doesn't hang me over
            Didn't they serve Andre at my cousin's wedding reception? Hey, if it's good enough for my aunt and uncle to spring for (and they're high end wine snobs) then I guess it's good enough to serve their wedding guests.
            Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

At my brother's wedding, he and his wife got some $10 Australian wine that was absolutely terrible. I don't recall what they did with it, but it didn't involve drinking it. The same guy who gave them the wine ended getting thrown out of their reception after making a big angry fuss over my brother and sister in law's choice of music. One must ask the question: Why was this guy invited again? I can only guess he was a friend of a family member- not ours, but the bride's.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                At my brother's wedding, he and his wife got some $10 Australian wine that was absolutely terrible. I don't recall what they did with it, but it didn't involve drinking it. The same guy who gave them the wine ended getting thrown out of their reception after making a big angry fuss over my brother and sister in law's choice of music. One must ask the question: Why was this guy invited again? I can only guess he was a friend of a family member- not ours, but the bride's.
                My aunt and uncle who's daughter just got married are wine snobs, which is why it surprised me that they actually served the cheap stuff at the wedding. They went all out for this wedding but maybe this was the best tasting sparkling wine for the price.

I remember getting one brand of sparkling wine in Virginia that was so good that you could drink it like water. Haven't found it in the north yet, although I might want to check out one of the larger liquor stores and rest area* in the area.

*I usually go to the liquor stores in New Hampshire as opposed to Vermont since the selection is better. The reason why I added rest area at the end is because I know of two sets of liquor stores (I-93 n/s as well as I-95 n/s) where they have huge blue signs on the road that advertise the state liquor stores in large letters and the rest area in smaller letters right below the liquor store name. Some people don't believe me that they have liquor stores on the side of a limited access interstate (that you have to go through a toll booth one way or another to get to) in New Hampshire until they actually see one in person.
                Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Don't hurt me boozy

Thunderbird isn't cheap. Two Buck Chuck is. Literally, two dollar bottles of wine, sold at Trader Joes usually. More info after link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Shaw_wine

I know lotsa people who swear by it, I suspect they may have drank a little too much of the stuff.

Unlike T-Bird, it is real wine, however, so _maybe_ he might have gotten away with it.

Comment

A good bottle of wine for under $10 is Beringer's. I've had their White Zinfandel and their White Merlot. Great wine for one or two glasses, but don't get drunk off the stuff... worst hangover ever.
                    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                    The Office

Comment

Quoth PCGameGuy View Post
                      Thunderbird isn't cheap. Two Buck Chuck is. Literally, two dollar bottles of wine, sold at Trader Joes usually. More info after link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Shaw_wine

I know lotsa people who swear by it, I suspect they may have drank a little too much of the stuff.

Unlike T-Bird, it is real wine, however, so _maybe_ he might have gotten away with it.
                      Two Buck Chuck is fairly famous. They came out of the gates stating that they were out to make the best cheap wine they could. A lot of tasters have said that it is remarkably better than wines sold at much higher prices. Not world class, but nothing you'd be ashamed to serve at a dinner party. Try it on someone without telling them what it is. Perception flavours food sometimes.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Yeah, not perception, I had both red and white recently at a hosted dinner. The red was very strong, very smoky and deep. The white was a bit too tannic for my taste as well.

Of course, since I usually stick with frost wine and muscat, I am not the best judge of wines. Though, a good frost wine over a bowl of vanilla ice cream is quite delightful.

Comment

Quoth PCGameGuy View Post

I agree - for an inexpensive wine Two Buck Chuck is pretty good. Although in my neck of the woods it costs $2.95. Also, in Indiana we have some local wineries that make really good inexpensive wine. They are a little more expensive (about $7 a bottle) but really good.
                          "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Working...
                          X