This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay attention!!!

Stopped at the grocery store after work to pick up a few things, and got on what appeared to be the shortest line. There was just one order ahead of mine, and the cashier was finished scanning their stuff and was just doing the coupons. Well, apparently they had a raincheck and the kid didn't know how to do that. He apologized, said he was new, and called someone for help. Well, help was taking his sweet time. Not a huge deal, I wasn't in a hurry; I did start to consider moving to a different lane after a few minutes, but I didn't feel like collecting my things. Finally he flagged down a different employee (the one who was supposed to be coming to help finally showed up a couple minutes later). But whatever, not the kid's fault (I say kid cuz he couldn't have been more than 16). I was still prepared to commiserate with him over having to wait, and I totally understand that he was new and didn't know how to do something.

But then it got a tad sucky...

First of all, he put my toxic mildew remover bathtub cleaner and dish soap in the same bag with my milk. Now, normally I'm not a stickler for that sort of thing. Everything's in closed containers, and if it was just the dish soap, or shampoo or whatever, I wouldn't have minded. But I prefer to keep the really nasty stuff separate. Then I swiped my credit card and the reader then says "Waiting for cashier"...waiting...and then he says "Did you pay with a card?" and I said "Yes, I just swiped it" and then he realized the register was waiting for him to hit a key. So then he hands me my receipt and says have a good night...but he never turned the bag carousel so I could get my stuff...so I started to turn it but he was standing too close to it and it hit him in the hip. I felt a little bad about that (not that it hurt him, I didn't turn it that fast) but geez, man, PAY ATTENTION!!!

All in all, it took me probably almost 15 minutes just to check out with 6 items, with only one customer, nearly finished, ahead of me when I got on line. Grrrr!!!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"
Working...
X