Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Absolutely hilarious (I think, anyways...)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely hilarious (I think, anyways...)

This isn't sucky, but it happened while I was a customer. I thought it was really funny.

I went to Target tonight to pick up some laundry detergent. I go through the express lane, and my cashier is a woman. Her nametag says "John". I take note, but don't say anything because hey...you never know.

The cashier behind me then has a customer come up who needs something picked up at the service desk. My cashier says "I'll get it, John." I turn around, and his nametag says "Cheryl".

Me: Did you guys switch nametags?
    Cashier (female): Yeah...we're trying to get fired.
    Me: That's hilarious.

She said it so matter-of-factly and then walked to the desk (after she was done with me, of course) that it struck me as hilarious.

I wonder if anyone else picked up on it.

Great way to pass the time haha.
    Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

I personally have done the same thing. On a boring Saturday night I spent most of my shift wearing a nametag that said "Arlene" (not the real name of any of my coworkers).

If anybody noticed, they didn't tell me.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Nametag hijinks get people fired? That has to be a joke. At my theatre, people were swapping tags on a fairly regular basis. And one guy managed to get ahold of the label maker and went by a new name each week!
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

One of the guys I worked with at Pizza Hut wore a nametag that said Crackbaby. All I ever wore were the ex-employee tags.

Comment

At the grocery store, I was Mike for a night We did however get in some nice trouble when caught.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

When I worked at a pizza joint, one of the drivers wore a nametag that read "Please Tip".
            He got away with it for a little while.

Comment

At my last job a chap made a name badge titled 'angel', took about 6 months for a sup to realise!
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Back when I was working the morning shift all the time, some of us in the hot foods department switched name tags.

What made it even more funny is that I was the only female working.

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                At my last job a chap made a name badge titled 'angel', took about 6 months for a sup to realise!
                There are PLENTY of guys named Angel.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

When people misplaced their name tags or left them home or whatever, they often would just grab someone else's that was hanging around. Personally I just avoided wearing it altogether. Though for a while I had my real name on one side and "Bob" on the other.

When I was in college I went to Busch Gardens in Florida with some friends over Spring Break one year, and the operator on one of the rides (that we went on several times cuz he was cute ) had a tag that said "Miguel"...somehow his coworker looked much more likely to be a "Miguel" than this guy...
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                    Nametag hijinks get people fired? That has to be a joke. At my theatre, people were swapping tags on a fairly regular basis. And one guy managed to get ahold of the label maker and went by a new name each week!

Yup, it was common at my theater too. The managers even got in on it. All of the managers (who wear suits and these shiny, gold, metal name plates) switched they're name tags with the regular employees (who all wear these ugly blue vests, and crappy white, plastic name tags).

So everyone running registers, had these nice name plates that read "Manager" on em.

Also, my friend was a supervisor, the only difference between our two uniforms is the color of the vest. The lowly employees wear blue, supervisors wear red. We switched vests, and we got away with it until the GM noticed. (The other two managers on duty that night noticed too, but they're friends and thought it was funny). The GM thought it was funny too, but had us switch back.

Best part though? My friend is like 3 times my size, so he's wearing my vest that barely comes down to his belly button, and he can't even close, and I'm practically SWIMMING in his vest. Yet... none of the customers seemed to notice, even though we were standing right next to each other....
                    <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

When I first started my supermarket job we used to pull nametag pranks on each other. Most of us kept our nametags on our hats and would just throw our hat on when we came in, so it wasn't uncommon to put your hat on without noticing somebody had used the label maker and some tape to change the name on your nametag. The best one was this one guy we nicknamed Texas because he looked just like Kerry Von Erich (aka the Texas Tornado), the guy went a full week before noticing it, he absolutley couldn't figure out how the customers knew his nickname.

Comment

Messing with nametags is fun XD

For awhile I wore the name "Latoya", surprisingly very few people noticed a skinny white guy with a black female name. The people who did notice got a good laugh out of it.
                        Last edited by Miffed; 01-21-2008, 08:41 PM.
                        "Reverse racism" lol

Comment

No nametags at my store (yay), but I'll wear my Ghostbusters International tag* into work; most of the time I forgot to take it off my jacket from a game, notice it when I get in and pin it on my shirt. A good percentage of the regulars now call me "Ray"; I'll answer to either name really.

* For a while during games, we would swap nametags whenever two or more of us were close enough to do so. Confused the hell out of the GM and led to the house rule that everyone's nametags had to be sewn on prior to the game, under the threat of the GM doing it themselves while the player was in uniform. One person decided to challenge it and was lucky he had 2 layers under his uniform (it's not really possible to accurately sew anything while it's being worn, at least not these).
                          Last edited by Dreamstalker; 01-25-2008, 09:15 PM.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Funny Nametags

My husband told me this one from his Pizza Hut days:

They had dishwasher everyone nicknamed "Dish Monster". She had scraggly hair, was always hungry, ate a lot and didn't speak in sentences (just kinda grunted words at people). Picture Jabba The Hut washing dishes at Pizza Hut.

Well Dish Monster had this habit of pointing at anyone near her and grunting the name of a food.

What's even more bizarre was that she would call people the same food name each time.

So the employees made nametags. I can't remember them all but my favorite was Josh's nametage. It said "Pasta Primevera" because that's what Dish Monster always called him.

Laundryhater

Comment

I done that before. But once, when I was on the Cart Crew at Walmart. Well, since I came on, I was the second guy on carts. So I was an Assistant Manager of Carts. It was an inside joke to me and a couple of other Cart Guys. I got in trouble for that, dammit. But it was worth it.
                              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                              X