This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sighting on the Shuttle

At my school, we have a shuttle that runs every day that brings us to the movie theaters, the mall, the grocery store, and a stop on the T. It runs from 1 pm to 1 am on the weekends, and 8 on Mondays (and doesn't run on Tuesdays and Wednesdays).

However, our shuttle driver today decided that he didn't want to drive the shuttle until 8. He decided that he'd only run until 7, and told everyone that was going into Boston that that's when they'd need to get on.

I decided to go to the mall on the last circulation, and he didn't like that. He asked if, since I seemed to be just returning something, if he could just pick me up after he made his last stop at the T station.

"Well," I told him, "some friends of mine had planned on catching the 8 o'clock stop, so I had planned on using the whole rotation to shop." I hadn't known that he told people that he was going to quit picking people up at 7, so therefore thought my friends wouldn't know about that.

I screwed up his plan, though, since I was wholly in my right to shop from 6:50 to 7:50 pm on a Monday. When he went to pick everyone up from the T, there was a girl there with a backpack and pillow -- she had obviously been gone for the weekend.

If I hadn't screwed up his plans, that girl, who would not have known about his arrangements, would have been stranded at the T! Our school is a half hour from there and a cab ride would have run about 40 dollars.

What should I do about this? Should I complain, or should I hope that he doesn't try to do that again.... when it's me that has been gone for the weekend?
    "When life gives you lemons, you give life a f---ing paper cut and then squeeze f---ing lemon juice on it, because life should give you something better than f---ing lemons."

Yes complain! One has to wonder if he's pulled this little stunt before. And if so, how many people he may have stranded.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Do the shuttle drivers actually have the right to decide what hours they are going to work?
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

.....No, that's the issue. There's a set schedule that's been in place for years.
        "When life gives you lemons, you give life a f---ing paper cut and then squeeze f---ing lemon juice on it, because life should give you something better than f---ing lemons."

Comment

I wonder if this is what i'm going to expect when I attend UMASS Lowell this fall? Yeah, I know I took the year off from school.

But yes, complain get his ass in trouble
          Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Finduilas View Post
            However, our shuttle driver today decided that he didn't want to drive the shuttle until 8.
            Oh hell, why stop there?

Why not "decide" that he doesn't want to work Fridays anymore? Or Mondays, for that matter?

In fact, he should just "decide" to stay at home all week and they can just mail him his paycheck.

Maybe I'll decide to close the store and go home early tonight. We'll see how that turns out for me.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Oh, you absolutely should complain, what he tried to do is entirely unacceptable.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Well, I did complain. I sent in a message to the "Issues and Concerns" section of the school's website. I am going to follow up in person on Friday. We'll see what happens.

Comment

In fact, he should just "decide" to stay at home all week and they can just mail him his paycheck.
                  Of course though the school could decide not to pay him, decide to give him the bus with the seat that doesnt adjust or decide to let him have a lot lot more time off.

Comment

Working...
                  X