This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanted to see PUPPIES!

(Okay, that was weird... the first time it double posted, and when I deleted one, the other vanished as well... So, here it is again.)

Backstory: This story was related to me by a friend and happened to his wife. His wife is a vet and this story is about an airheaded employee who was doing an internship at the practice.

Airheaded girl had been doing an internship at this vet practice for a while. I'm unclear whether AG was working on becoming a vet or a vet tech, but this wasn't her first airheaded event... just the only story I heard about.

So one day, AG is checking out this pregnant dog, a golden lab. My friend's wife sees her put the dog up on the X-ray machine and do a full body X-ray of the dog, an expensive procedure. Curious, she approached AG.

Friend's wife: "AG, why did you just spend $XXX of our client's money to X-ray the dog?
    AG (in high excited squeak): "I wanted to see PUPPIES!"

Note: While there can be good reasons for xraying a pregnant dog, this was obviously not one of them.

A bit of an aside, this story has caused a new trend in parts of the pet snake breeding hobby. Snakes are said to "pip" when they slit their eggs but before they actually emerge. Snakes in this state are now referred to as "PIPPES!" in a high-pitched voice.

I'm guessing it's safe to x-ray pregger dogs? Since I know pregnant women shouldn't get x-rays. Also, was dimwit AG charged for "playing" with the x-ray machine? I know if I was the customer I wouldn't want to be charged a couple hundred bucks cuz a stupid employee wanted to see my dogs puppies.

Comment

i wouldn't think it'd be safe to xray any pregnant creature. if it was totally safe they wouldn't bother asking the females "Is there any chance you might be pregnant" every time they get a dental xray.

sonograms are suppose to be safer since they use soundwaves and not radiation.

but... if they do use regular old xrays at the vets for pregnant dogs... i would think it'd be on a case of "is the risk worth it?" and that yes they should charge the AG for the procedure since it was frivolous and exposed the dog and puppies to unjustified risk.

Comment

omg... and she wasn't fired on the spot????? How stupid can you get?
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

My boyfriend's mom's shih-tzu was x-rayed when she was pregnant with her pups, only once though to check and see how many she was having. I'm sure several x-rays over a short period of time might hurt the dog, but only once just to make sure everything is going smoothly is fine.

Comment

If she wants to see puppies so bad, why not go to the animal shelter?
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              Everyone together now: "Because that would make sense."
              "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

You're slipping Becky. Sylvia beat you to it. You should know by now "if it makes sense, it's not allowed."

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

because EVERYONE can see puppies at an animal shelter.... but not everyone can see them still in the belly of the animal.

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
                    because EVERYONE can see puppies at an animal shelter.... but not everyone can see them still in the belly of the animal.
                    Which is exactly why it would have been doing her a kindness to instruct her in giving a pregnant horse a sonogram

LOTS of good, clean fun!

Ok, so maybe not, but you do get to see the baby horse floating around inside.
                    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

and I quote:

"baby horse floating around inside"

gives me the mental image of a baby horsie in a horsie womb MUCH bigger than he is, deliberately pushing himself off the sides and bouncing around in freefall, shouting "WHEEE" in horsie language.

Comment

I'm not sure baby horses have that much freedom in their developmental stages, but when we had one done on one of our horses a few years back, it was early on and she was literally about the size of a Vienna sausage and wriggling around in there.

Weird to think about seeing that a few years later when you're sitting on it's back riding down the road.
                        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          You're slipping Becky. Sylvia beat you to it. You should know by now "if it makes sense, it's not allowed."

Yeah, I know. I guess I'm having an off day.

Lots of cosmic forces at work today.

I'll be better tomorrow, I think.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Bagga View Post
                            and I quote:

"baby horse floating around inside"

gives me the mental image of a baby horsie in a horsie womb MUCH bigger than he is, deliberately pushing himself off the sides and bouncing around in freefall, shouting "WHEEE" in horsie language.
                            or a baby unicorn shouting "charlieeeeeeeee. charlieeeeeee. we're in a womb charlie!"

Comment

maybe it's just me, but i'd have refunded the cost to the customer and made the idiot pay for the xray.

of all the dumbassed reasons, and one that cost someone w/out reason? maybe even a reason to dismiss her stupid ass.

xraying isn't a good idea unless there's a suspected problem, for the most part. they may have xrayed the shiz tsu to check on how many, since smaller dogs tend to have issues with birthing, and more babies creates a problem for them.
                              look! it's ghengis khan!
                              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                              X