This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not open yet

DH and I decided to get breakfast out this morning. So we drove to a local diner for some yummy breakfast. We arrived a few minutes before 8 and the place opened at 8. So we sat in the car and waited. Sure enough, about 5 minutes before 8, an older woman decided to defy all rules of time and space and open the locked front doors. We were amused and both LOL when a guy who was parked next to us with a full view of the LOCKED door walked up a minute later and tried the same thing. Um it is cold and snowing. No keyholders have appeared. That means..... the establishment is closed! No pulling on the door will make them appear faster. And it is NOT YET 8AM! The food was yummy and we enjoyed the show beforehand!

What I loved was the customers that would try to come in after closing only to find the automatically opening doors did not automatically open for them. After nearly running into the door they would always have an odd expression on there face like the laws of physics had just changed and the world no longer made sense.
    Is it just me or does every office supply store smell like toner and burnt happiness?

Comment

Quoth Banthor the Unruly View Post
      What I loved was the customers that would try to come in after closing only to find the automatically opening doors did not automatically open for them. After nearly running into the door they would always have an odd expression on there face like the laws of physics had just changed and the world no longer made sense.
      At the grocery store we had quite a few who would then proceed to push/pull the door only to find it locked. Which then leads to knocking on the door or walking over to the windows behind the register and banging on them while pointing at the locked door. As if we didn't know it was locked?

Comment

Quoth csdrone View Post
        DH and I decided to get breakfast out this morning. So we drove to a local diner for some yummy breakfast. We arrived a few minutes before 8 and the place opened at 8. So we sat in the car and waited. Sure enough, about 5 minutes before 8, an older woman decided to defy all rules of time and space and open the locked front doors. We were amused and both LOL when a guy who was parked next to us with a full view of the LOCKED door walked up a minute later and tried the same thing. Um it is cold and snowing. No keyholders have appeared. That means..... the establishment is closed! No pulling on the door will make them appear faster. And it is NOT YET 8AM! The food was yummy and we enjoyed the show beforehand!
        I've had similar happen at a Best Buy.

One day, I was still up from the night before, and I was really bored. I realized that Best Buy opened in about 30 mins so I head out there (about a 15 min drive).

I got out of my car and sat down on the curb outside the store and started surfing the web on my phone. Didn't even try the door... the lights in the store weren't even turned on yet... so they were obviously not opened yet.

I had FIVE people walk right past me, and try to go into the store. I laughed at them every time the doors didn't open for em.

Hey people, if you walk up to a store before their normal operating hours, see that all of the lights are still off, and there's a guy sitting outside waiting patiently for the place to open... take the hint!
        <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

But...my stomach is hungry! There's food inside! Why can't I get into the building? *thinks hard, brain explodes*
          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

I tend to check the doors anyway, but "checking" means that I understand the possibility that it won't work. There's been a time or three that someone was waiting outside a closed door that was unlocked. Maybe the dude on the cell phone is waiting for his ride to pick him up, maybe the chick with the baby stroller is just taking a walk. Dunno, don't care. I usually go by lights, but a couple of times I've walked into a lit store and they were closed. And yes, I love watching people who don't understand why it's not open. No offense, mariamouse, but the facial expression that accompanies exploded brains is quite amusing.
            "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Okay, this is only tangentially related because it's about locked doors. My residence locks the doors at 5 on weekdays, and all day on weekends. And it *always* has. Only time it changes is if we're busy and don't get around to it.

You would not believe the number of people who will come in the first set of doors into the vestibule where there's a phone to call residents or the front desk, and the security card reader, and then pull on a door. A couple of times. Then they'll move to a different door, repeat. And then move to the third door, and then the fourth. And find they are ALL locked *gasp*!! And then some people will try random doors again! Or others will stand there looking forlornly through the doors, hoping I take pity and let them in. Others knock on the doors. Some just wait until someone randomly coming/going opens a door, then sneak in. About 1% use the phone to call the front desk.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I've only ever tried the doors once. I was taking an injured person to the clinic and it was closed (opened in 5 minutes) despite that he was bleeding and we were standing outside staring in, we had to wait until 8:05 (instead of 8:00) for them to open the door.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                  I've only ever tried the doors once. I was taking an injured person to the clinic and it was closed (opened in 5 minutes) despite that he was bleeding and we were standing outside staring in, we had to wait until 8:05 (instead of 8:00) for them to open the door.
                  That's like one of the ONLY reasons I would open the doors early at any place I worked at.

If you're:

Bleeding.
                  Screaming in agony.
                  A lost child.
                  Or a woman in labor.

I will open the doors no matter what, even if it's just to call a cab/parent/ambulance.
                  <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
                    ...banging on them while pointing at the locked door. As if we didn't know it was locked?
                    Exactly! And always with their keys! For some reason a key banging on glass in the morning always drove me nuts and did not put me in a mood to do them a favor.
                    Is it just me or does every office supply store smell like toner and burnt happiness?

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
                      walking over to the windows behind the register and banging on them while pointing at the locked door.
                      I always thought it would be fun to pretend they were playing some sort of association game when they do that...

They point at the locked door.

You appear puzzled for a moment, then get that "aha!" look and point at the ceiling.

Then they point at their watch.

You smile and point at your shoe.

Next they tap on the glass.

You grin and tap on the floor.
                      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X