This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Wonderful Waiters!

On Friday, I went to a local restaurant (Daks). I had only been there once before about 10 years ago. I was hungry after running errands, and I wanted to re-try it.

I got a wonderful waiter! He was funny, but respectful. Made sure I had my iced tea refilled. Was patient, checked on me, etc., etc.

I went during lunch time, on a Friday, when offices let multiple employees leave to go to lunch. XD I was an only person at my table. But he treated me with as much respect as the larger tables.

My bill came to $15.70. I gave him a cash tip of $7.85.

------------------------------------------------

Then yesterday, hubby, daughter & I went to a local chain Mexican restaurant.

The waiter was nice (and he was training a new employee). We went at a slow time. He was attentive, made sure we were all watered (not literally made sure our water glasses kept filled). He was nice too. He did get a 30% tip (I knew he was going to have to share with his tip with his trainee). Hubby did think the guy talked too much and was annoying, but I liked him.

http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

Find daks there. See why the name amuses many.
    ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
      On Friday, I went to a local restaurant (Daks). I had only been there once before about 10 years ago. I was hungry after running errands, and I wanted to re-try it.

I got a wonderful waiter! He was funny, but respectful. Made sure I had my iced tea refilled. Was patient, checked on me, etc., etc.

I went during lunch time, on a Friday, when offices let multiple employees leave to go to lunch. XD I was an only person at my table. But he treated me with as much respect as the larger tables.

My bill came to $15.70. I gave him a cash tip of $7.85.

------------------------------------------------

Then yesterday, hubby, daughter & I went to a local chain Mexican restaurant.

The waiter was nice (and he was training a new employee). We went at a slow time. He was attentive, made sure we were all watered (not literally made sure our water glasses kept filled). He was nice too. He did get a 30% tip (I knew he was going to have to share with his tip with his trainee). Hubby did think the guy talked too much and was annoying, but I liked him.

That is SOOO awesome! Let this be a model for all the non-tippers on this site.

Disclaimer: I'm referring to the members based in the USA, where tipping is customary...particularly the ones that say they don't tip, just because.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
        http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

Find daks there. See why the name amuses many.
        Well RV, the waiter was wearing trousers. But that is cute! Never realized that Daks meant that in Australian. Oh boy. It does give a new meaning to the name of the restaurant then.

There is an historical marker near the restaurant, so I think the building is an historical site, but not sure. I'll have to read it one day.

Comment

Working...
        X