Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sold to the family who actually turned up.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold to the family who actually turned up.

A few years ago one of my family's beloved cats died. Old age, we all saw it coming, I even labelled the last photo "last photo of Yetta" before she died.

Anyway, after a week of mourning we went to get a new kitten. The animal shelter didn't have much to choose from so we just made a cash donation, then went to our veterinarian (who sometimes has abandoned kittens for sale, they're always desexed and chipped and had their shots).

Anyway, there we were looking at this adorable tortoiseshell kitten. The phone rang, the receptionist said something like "yes we have two kittens right now... no there are people looking at them... no I can't hold them if the other family who are actually here right now decide they want one... no if they want one they're getting it..."

Turned out somebody called to ask if they had any kittens and demanded that they not sell either kitten until the caller had been out to see them. The recptionist basically told them to take a flying leap (not in so many words), one was already sold (to us) and if somebody who bothered to show up wanted the other one they'd get it.

Anyway, my family ended up getting the kitten who's now grown into a large and extremely friendly cat.

Chances are if the Vet's office had held one of the kittens either the family would never bother to show up or they would show up, complain about something ridiculous, and not take the kitten anyway.
    Good for the receptionist for not giving in to their spoiled behavior.

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post
      Chances are if the Vet's office had held one of the kittens either the family would never bother to show up or they would show up, complain about something ridiculous, and not take the kitten anyway.
      Good for the receptionist for not giving in to their spoiled behavior.
      The receptionist probably wanted to keep my family as customers too... any time anything's remotely wrong with either cat, Mum whisks them off to the vet. The usual prescription is "keep her inside and if it doesn't clear up in three days, bring her back".

Comment

Working...
      X