This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a wave of shitty subway workers

the subway nearest my house has a new employee, who not only takes forever, but slows down the person trying to train her, she seems much like DipShit from Blas's stories. then today I go to the subway in my store, and the guy in there is working quickly, making all the sandwiches, as 2 co workers slowly do basically nothing, there was one person working in the back that wasn't screaming incompetence so loud i could hear it at the counter, but what the hell is with the local subways?

It's not just local
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Hey, at least the new person is being trained....

My boyfriend got a job at his local Subhell last summer. He came in for his first day, was handed a uniform and told to go make sandwiches.
      Now, he can make the sandwiches fine, since he had worked at Quizno's before. However, in the month he worked there, he closed several times... without ever having been trained on what to do. He also worked alone all of those times he closed, and alone frequently on non-closing time.

They abruptly fired him without telling him why (under 30 days, they don't have to tell you? yes no?) and he never asked. He was just happy for a reason never to return.
      "When life gives you lemons, you give life a f---ing paper cut and then squeeze f---ing lemon juice on it, because life should give you something better than f---ing lemons."

Comment

No doubt there are DipShits worldwide.......he may have been a treasure but his traits certainly are not unique.

The Subway that I made a thread about (subway out of bread), not only are they regularly out of bread, their clerks are rude, can't count change, and get all fussy over the simplest sandwich. I think the sandwich I usually order is probably the most plain and simple one there is, yet they seem SO inconvenienced.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I think that there are sucky workers no matter what company you do business with, not just Subway. Walk into any company and you will find them.

Comment

Most of the time it depends on the location and who runs the place.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The local Subway that I go to, has great employees. In fact, they do everything they can. And all with a smile. But it is probably because I am nice to them.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Some chains manage to get a higher percentage of sucky workers. Subway is one of them. I've only been to one Subway that had good staff. The rest act like you're bother them at their social club.
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I've personally never had any problems at any subway. The one I go to now I've only been in there a couple of times and they know my order. Italian herbs and cheese, ham, double beef, turkey, double provolone cheese, double jalapenos, onions, toasted, lettuce, pickles, and olives topped off with some italian dressing.

I think I might go to subway today...

Comment

At the mall I worked in there were two sub shops, Subway and D'angelo (semi local chain). The Subway is great and I never had a problem with it...The D'angelo however was a different story.

Comment

I've never had a problem with my local Subway but then again I knew quite a few people who worked there. My one friend used to bring in each of her friends a free sandwich when she didn't want the one they gave her a night. They were sooo good.
                      Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Quoth Finduilas View Post
                        Hey, at least the new person is being trained....
                        Oh god no.
                        A subway worker.. being trained...

*Groans*
                        I'm sure that pun was unintentional and it was just my maladjusted brain working overtime.
                        Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

I like my local Subway. The three different employees I've seen are very nice and competent.

And they like me.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                          X