This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No!

I heard this from a cable rep. My cable bill is getting high and some features aren't working. I call the cable company to inquire about the features and to lose a bunch of channels I wasn't watching. The cable rep tells me that the cable will briefly be down.

I tell him no problem and he tells me that I'm handling it better than the last lady he dealt with. When he told her the cable would be down briefly she said simply "No." She was annoyed because her kids and husband were watching television at that moment.

I love when you tell an SC something that needs to be done and they answer with "No." Like somehow that's a magical word that will allow them to get their way. Plus why didn't the woman wait until they weren't watching television to upgrade? The cable's outage time was barely two minutes, I don't want to meet the person that can't live without television for two minutes.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

How does she go without TV for 2 minutes? I go without it more then that.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

The only time that would bother me is if I was in the middle of a favorite show, but I;m not stupid enough to try and change my cable while I'm watching it
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
        How does she go without TV for 2 minutes? I go without it more then that.
        Somehow I don't think that's an option for her.

I picture her flopping on the ground like a freshly-caught fish, bereft of TV
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Somehow I don't think that's an option for her.

I picture her flopping on the ground like a freshly-caught fish, bereft of TV
          As am I, now
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

She can turn on the radio or have her family read some books.

Comment

That might be too much of a brain strain for them.

Comment

we haven't had cable since october or november(can't really remember)-local channels don't come in at all-haven't missed it-but I do get slightly annoyed when my cow-irkers say stuff like OMG did you see _____(insert name of show here) last night? Um no, I was reading a book-I DON"T WATCH TV!!!!!
                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
                  ....................he tells me that I'm handling it better than the last lady he dealt with..............
                  I swear I get that response every time I've called my cable company with a problem, which thankfully has only been twice in over a year. I weep for them.
                  I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

i've been without regular tv for over 3 years now. mine got stolen (apt break in) back in 04 and i didn't replace it. now, i only watch tv at work or when i visit my parents (which is only about once or twice a year)

(but that's ok cos ... i can go "what strike?" and grin)

Comment

Oh I love "No". Mostly because it's hard to answer.

Worker= We need to do {Blank}/If we do this then {blank with happen}/ Well {Blank}
                      SC= NO
                      Worker=... Yeah, that's what's going to happen.

TV at home is funny for me. My mom says that no one in my house watches television during the day so I'm not allowed to when I get home. The important thing to note is the usual dynamic in the house during the day.
                      Dad= At work/Shopping/Sleeping because he's working backshifts
                      My brother= Sleeping/At work/Driving around
                      Mom= Cleaning
                      Me= At school far far away

So when I try to watch TV, my mom gets really mad. Howver, other than What not to Wear and Saturday morning cartoons I don't watch daytime TV. Actually, excluding House and a few of my other favorite shows I don't watch TV at home PERIOD.

Honestly though, why pay for Cable if we aren't going to watch it all?
                      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        (but that's ok cos ... i can go "what strike?" and grin)
                        Yeah, I pretty much stopped watching tv over the christmas break, except sometimes Jeopardy and the news. I don't know what I'd do if novel writers managed to go on strike, though. Or librarians.
                        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I usually just leave the tv on for background noise (for some reason radio doesn't do it for me) so if the cable goes out I can just throw on a dvd because I'm not really going to watch it anyway.

Edit to add: There are shows that I like to watch that are only on cable or else I wouldn't even bother having it

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                            I don't know what I'd do if novel writers managed to go on strike, though. Or librarians.
                            Hell, Anne McCaffrey's son, and James Patterson, and a handful of other authors, would still be writing, they hardly ever stop.
                            Of course, that may not be the best work to read, but there'd still be something to read.
                            You could always start in on that backlog of Weekly World News you have stored in the closet...
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                            X