X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth king4aday View Post
    C: Customer
    M: Manager

C: I ordered the burger specifically without mayo because Im allergic to it and I will die if I eat it.
    M: so scrape it off!
    C: you know what...I would just like a refund...here is the burger back *puts burger on the counter*
    M: sorry we have a strict refund policy..if you dont like it you can just leave
    I would have to side with the customer on this one. My youngest sister is allergic to peanut butter and peanuts and I would feel the same if somebody treated her the way that manager did, especially with something like allergies that shouldn't be taken lightly. From the way I see it, the manager was blatantly disregarding her life and health by telling her to just scrape it off, since some of the mayo would still be on the burger. I do have to admit I would've paid to see that show she put on with the Zsa-Zsa Gabor -esque cop slapping and beaning the manager with a burger.
    Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 02-05-2008, 12:29 AM.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Here's my take:

I think she was probably frustrated and made up the thing about the mayo because, like Raps said, the danger of cross-contamination would be too great in a place like that.

And as far as throwing it at him, I'm sure she was shocked and had adreneline flowing at that point and just reacted.

Not that I'm advocating violence, mind you - but I...um....could see myself doing that. (don't hit me)

In other words, I was with her till the throwing incident, and even then I was on the fence. But hitting the cop? Over a damned burger? Uh, no.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

The woman then picks up the burger...throws it...and with perfect aim...hits the manager in the back of the head with the burger
        Me = Dammit I need some kind of Coke-proof laptop cover. Oh how I wish you had a camcorder with you. I would pay good money to see that. That manager was an absolute dick (even if it is technically wrong to throw things at people).

Comment

I don't mean to sound like an SC here, but if you complain about your food, isn't the manager's job to.....oh I don't know.....FIX IT?

If I were the lady in the story (mind you I have a little more self control than she does), I would not have tolerated "Just scrape it off" or "Pick them off" as an answer.

Trust me, the times I got my order fudged at McDonalds, when I ordered cheeseburgers with ONLY ketchup on them and I received everything BUT ketchup, if some dipshit manager had told me to just scrape everything off, I would have told him/her where they could shove that burger.

That manager doesn't deserve to be in that position. Although it sounds fairly familiar to the BK my little brother used to work at. Once his main manager, the manager's wife, and their son all went to Wal-Mart, that place went to hell. All of a sudden, these 16 year olds were made managers and now BK has went to Hell quicker than my undies fall off on a Friday night.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I can actually imagine this happening in slow-mo. And it is GOOD!
            My Wajas cave

Comment

so many of you replied that you would have paid to see this, which makes me feel lucky that I got to see it for free. I wanted to post a reply to explain why she hit the police officer. I finished the story rather abruptly because I had to leave in a hurry.

She was VERY upset, and she kept insisting that she was indeed allergic to mayo, and at this point admitted it probably wouldnt have killed her, but it would have made her break out in hives, and she would have some troubles with breathing...which she carries an eppie (spelling?) pen for. She then requested that the manager at least be charged with assault for putting the mayo on the burger. The officer refused and informed her that she would be charged with disorderly conduct and would be receiving a ticket (I think it was like $200 he was charging her). She became instantly irate and slapped the officer...almost as soon as she did it she turned pale white...her jaw dropped and she started crying...the officer arrested her and told her that she would be charged with assault...processed through the jail...and would most likely be released in a few hours. He told her that she most likely wouldnt actually spend time in the jail.

I actually felt really bad for the woman, and I am actually thinking of writing a letter to BK corporate myself informing them that I will no longer be using that restaurant while that manager is still in charge of the restaurant and will go back to McDonalds across the street where I have always received great service. (I will also include how it took 20 minutes to get my food when there were 3 customers in the restaurant sitting and eating....and no one going through drive thru).
              "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

The manager needs to be fired. Plain and simple.
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                  would you believe that between half and two-thirds of respondants wanted to bear my children?

I believe it. Rowr.

:throat clearing:

I'd be upset, though, to order something without mayo and find mayo on it. There's a reason why I didn't want it in the first place.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

ITA, the manager was the sucky one. The woman in no way should have hit the cop; but, the manager should be fired yesterday IMO.

Comment

M: Thats it Im calling the police
                      C: go ahead...Ill have you charged with attempted murder.
                      That isn't attempted murder, more like burger-lry.
                      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                        That isn't attempted murder, more like burger-lry.
                        I dont know if I want to groan in pain from the joke...or groan in pain from american idol auditions.....
                        "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

It sounds to me like that woman needs to get a hold of her temper, and to reign in the hyperbole a bit, but I think she has grounds for a free burger and getting that manager fired.
                          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
                          X