Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you really just try to hand us that?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you really just try to hand us that?

Awhile ago, my husband and I went to McDonalds and went through the drive thru. There is a line, but we weren't in a hurry.

So, we order and finally get up to the window and see a car come by us and park in front of us, but not blocking us in. The guy hands the McDonalds worker who came out a bag and gets handed a different bag.

The lady at the window then tries to hand us the bag the guy just gave back. He was given our order.

I was looking at her like and my husband told her we weren't taking a bag that another customer had in their car. He wasn't yelling at her, but you could tell he was upset.

A manager comes by and asks us what the problem is, so my husband tell her that we don't appreciate getting an order that someone else had and had obviously gone through.

We get fresh food and a couple of apple pies thrown in to make up for it, but I was still shocked that the first lady tried to give us food that someone else had.
    Last edited by Misanthropical; 02-04-2008, 03:29 PM.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Yeah that's pretty bad, someone who isn't wearing gloves, or has been working with the food has handled the food and they want you to eat it.

Wow, very sanitary.

Comment

Um, like, totally grody!
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

For reference, it's McDonalds policy to toss any food returned by a customer that isn't getting modified (missed topping or whatever) and handed back to them. So that guy was way out of line.
        Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

He wasn't just out of line, he was breaking a health code. You cannot legally DO that. Yuck!

Comment

Had a cashier do that to me at Fazzoli's once. Granted this was like 8 years ago, but still. Dad got all the way to his table with trays of food before realizing one wasn't his. Was nice enough to bring it back and the cashier proceeded to put in on a nice new tray for me and handed it directly to me. I started to take it, then asked if they would please get me a different one, since someone already had it. I mean, nothing against the guy who had it before and he seemed a decent sort, but that's just gross.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

A similar story was relayed to me by the front end manager, about the time she and one of the liquor store employees went to BK. LSG had ordered one of the BK salads, where the chicken strips come in a separate sack and you put them on the salad yourself. On her way to the counter, the cashier dropped the paper sack with the chicken in it, and proceeded to then pick it up and put it back with the order.

LSG: "Um, I do NOT want that, it's been on the floor."

BK cashier: "So? It's in paper, it'll be alright."

LSG then asked for them to make up a whole new salad. I mean really, even though it was in paper and the food product didn't technically touch the floor, I would never try to serve a customer something that they had seen me drop!
              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

That's unsanitary in all ways. God knows what the other people or the employee(s) did when they tried to give you that "hand-me-down meal".
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Wtf, tryin to give you food someone else had in their car????? Our rule was if the customer who had it gave it back, it got chucked out. No telling what they coulda done to it when they had it.
                  Last edited by Bramble; 02-05-2008, 01:15 AM. Reason: my english teacher woulda killed me
                  My Wajas cave

Comment

That happened to me at McDonald's once, too. The girl at the window handed a bag to the car in front of me, the woman rooted through the bag and handed it back. The cashier left the bag sitting in the window(in plain view) and handed the customer a different bag. When I got to the window, the girl handed me the returned bag. She then argued with me when I told her that was a health dept violation. At that point the manager got involved, gave me a big attitude, refused a refund and wanted to remake my order. They had both been so rude I didn't really trust them to prepare my food. I didn't want to stoop to their behavior so I just drove away and have not been back to that location since then.

Comment

I used to watch this show called "Boiling Point", which was kind of like Candid Camera, only the goal was to piss off the victim to the point of either a meltdown or angry swearing. One of the gags was to switch food in a restaurant in front of the victim doing this exact same thing.

The "waiter" brought out the orders and switched them deliberately between the victim and a "plant" that was in on the gag. Then the waiter switched the food back, giving the victim the food that the plant had taken a bite of. Hilarity (and rage) ensued.

The whole point of the gag was that what the waiter did was outrageous and theoretically, nobody would DO that!

Comment

If calmness is possible, always ask the employees if THEY would eat the food if the situation happened to them.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Becky, that wouldn't work. I eat sandwiches out of bags I drop on the floor of my work. I just wouldn't do it at a strange place, and nor would I expect my customers to so. I know how clean our floor is, and I trust our bags to withstand the pressure But I don't ask that of my customers. My coworkers, sure, but not strangers.
                          "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post
                            That happened to me at McDonald's once, too. The girl at the window handed a bag to the car in front of me, the woman rooted through the bag and handed it back. The cashier left the bag sitting in the window(in plain view) and handed the customer a different bag. When I got to the window, the girl handed me the returned bag. She then argued with me when I told her that was a health dept violation. At that point the manager got involved, gave me a big attitude, refused a refund and wanted to remake my order. They had both been so rude I didn't really trust them to prepare my food. I didn't want to stoop to their behavior so I just drove away and have not been back to that location since then.

I would have sat in the drive thru blocking it and called corporate told them I wanted a refund and the manager was standing there listening to me and refusing to give it to me, then told them to fix it right NOW! I'll hold while they call him.
                            GFY

Comment

Working...
                            X