This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow.

If you were to let the businesses who donated to the raffle know about this, I bet they'd think twice before donating to this group again.

We no longer donate to raffles, but the reason is a bit different.
    Last edited by Dips; 02-05-2008, 09:35 PM.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Who is this club/organization? I'd like to avoid it, too.

I probably wouldn't spoken up at the time. Loudly. Like:

"HEY! Why are you pulling multiple tickets and LOOKING AT THEM?"

Definitely write the papers and definitely talk to the organizers and let them know that you are NOT pleased about their blatant cheating.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I don't know where you live, but here in Ontario, Canada, anyone caught screwing around like that with lotteries is in a hell of a lot of trouble.

This wouldn't be considered petty theft. Rigging games of chance usually have extremely steep penalties because those laws are on the books in order to control organized crime. Historically, the Mafia was not opposed to paying fines on their (very) profitable gaming ventures, as they would consider it a mere cost of doing business. As a result, mandatory prison sentences are not unheard of for these kinds of offenses.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

At the Legion Hall, where my grandmother goes too. The same people always wins. Sometimes, the same person will win about 7-8 things. It was weird when I won a little clock at the last one. I always buy 1 ticket, which is $1.00. The proceeds do go to the Legion.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

This reminds me of something that happened with my husband's company last summer.

His company (C) is owned by another local company (Z) and they had a custom Harley Davidson bike made for Z's 75th anniversary. The plan was to then raffle it off with the proceeds going to a local charity.

So the day of the raffle comes and one of the owners of Z had been telling everyone that if they won it, he would be interested in buying it since he'd really like to have it to commemorate the event. Surprise, surprise, guess who won the raffle? Yep, the owner who wanted to "buy" it. I think I heard later that he just took the gas tank off it and then sold the bike. To say people were miffed is a huge understatement.

Comment

Quoth Whyme View Post
              Every single Patch Kid went to a church member who had been manning the booths. Even the other prizes went to people who had been working the auction.
              YOU seem surprised....

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                Who is this club/organization? I'd like to avoid it, too.

I probably wouldn't spoken up at the time. Loudly. Like:

"HEY! Why are you pulling multiple tickets and LOOKING AT THEM?"

I would have! But that's just me getting my jollies off my honesty to the point of pain streak.

Comment

Working...
                X