Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coupons are difficult. So is reading them.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupons are difficult. So is reading them.

Saw this just a while ago at my local drugstore:

VRW: Very Rude Woman, the customer ahead of me
    HC: Hapless Cashier

VRW plunks her assorted crap down and watches HC like a hawk as he scans each item. A bag of chocolates scans at 2 for $4 and this prompts her to ask him, "Do you have the coupon for this here?" Call me crazy, but I always thought it was the customer who brought in the coupons...clearly times have changed!

HC explains to her that there is no coupon for this and continues ringing up her purchase. While he's doing this, she's already run her debit card through the machine and, so she thinks, completed her end of this difficult transaction. Except that this is one of those stores where you have to wait for the cashier to finish before you can slide your card, etc. So he asks her, "Debit or credit?" and she responds, "<pained sigh> I've already done that." Aye chihuahua, we have a winner here!! Two for two in the Rude Olympics!!

Finally, after insisting several times - with several un-clever, snarky comments - that there is a coupon, HC produces the latest mailer and asks VRW to point the coupon out for him so that he can scan it. Well, wouldn't you know...it's a rebate offer. Not a coupon. Even has the word "rebate" in bold letters at the top and bottom of the thing. Fancy that.

Naturally, VRW is unhappy about this, huffs a bit more, makes a few more rude comments to HC, then stalks out with her bag o' crap without so much as a "thank you."

Now, was a bag of Hershey Kisses, a soap-opera magazine, a pair of day-glo pink camo boxer shorts emblazoned with "Massive Flirt" and assorted makeup detritus worth all that?
    Not all who wander are lost.

Quoth PuckishOne View Post

Naturally, VRW is unhappy about this, huffs a bit more, makes a few more rude comments to HC, then stalks out with her bag o' crap without so much as a "thank you."

Now, was a bag of Hershey Kisses, a soap-opera magazine, a pair of day-glo pink camo boxer shorts emblazoned with "Massive Flirt" and assorted makeup detritus worth all that?
    Sigh. How long have you been on this site? Say it with me now,
    If it makes sense....
    "But I don't want to be among mad people."
    You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

pink camo *snort* it never stops
      You know that feeling you get when you lean too far back in a chair and you find yourself falling, but catch yourself just in time? I feel like that all the time.

Comment

Quoth PuckishOne View Post
        n stalks out with her bag o' crap without so much as a "thank you."

Gravekeeper, please pick up the white courtesy phone....
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Maybe she just has to wear her pink camo and full makeup while catching up with her "stories".

Does anyone here really actually wear pink camo? I don't like regular camo, then add pink to it.....gaahh.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Word, Blas.

And if her looks match her stunning personality, the visuals conjured will require a great deal of

::
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I'm so picturing the woman from the episode of Beavis and Butthead where they call the phone sex number.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It was the pink camo. Coming into physical contact with it renders people completely stupid. It also creates a film over your eyes that filters out every word you read except "FREE".
                Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

i dunno, i kinda like pink camo... *hides from the tossed knives*

\/
                  \/
                  \/

and i was kidding, i'll stick to blue and green.
                  Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

I ONCE owned a pink camo dress when I was about 11.
                    I wore it to school disco's.
                    What it actually was was this bright pink dress, down to my ankles, with a pink camo net overdress.
                    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
                      I ONCE owned a pink camo dress when I was about 11.
                      I wore it to school disco's.
                      What it actually was was this bright pink dress, down to my ankles, with a pink camo net overdress.
                      I think being an 11 year old girl pretty much excuses anything you wear (except, you know, like miniskirts and stuff.) But, being a grown woman as that thing was, her intelligence levels were pretty much in the red danger zone.
                      Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

I have quite a bit a lot of regular cammie stuff. I blame it on 13 years in the military and the fact that the colors are actually nice with my hair and skin. But pink camo? I have one thing that is pink camo - a purse that came in a grab bag lot that I had bought online. Sadly my niece outgrew her fascination with the pink before I could pass it on to her.

Comment

Working...
                        X