This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School bus driver at Wal-Mart

Last week I stopped at a Wal-Mart on the way to work to pick up something. As I'm driving down an aisle to get a spot, I see this short school bus coming into the parking lot off to the side of me. As I continue driving, I see him start shooting across the aisles right towards where I'm heading. He ends up cutting me off, without even looking. He parks, and I park about one aisle over where I can see the back of his bus with the phone number and bus number. Call to report him (there were no kids on the bus at the time) and the dispatcher tells me that she'll contact him since he's "not even supposed to be in that area with the bus".

That dumbass. Hope he gets into trouble for that.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

oy... pretty careless for a man who's driving a bus he doesn't own!

Comment

It's been raining/snowing here since last night, with the temperature this morning hovering right around freezing in the valley. I have to climb up the 'mountain' to get to work. It's not very high, only about 1000 feet in elevation, but enough for the temperature to change quite a bit, and generally making the road slippery about 3/4 of the way up.

I was going at the speed limit, 55 mph, when a minivan with the Shool Bus lights and sign on the roof blows past me, doing at least 75 mph. Which is pretty good for a minivan going uphill.

My problem with this is that it was full of kids! If I had a cell phone still, I'd have called the cops right then and there. I don't know what company owns the minivan, but I'm thinking I should call the school and let them know. I'm pretty sure the driver isn't supposed to be going over the speed limit with kids, especially not on a road that's on the verge of icing over. Where do they hire these drivers, anyway?

Comment

Heh. Reminds me of the lady who came to my dad's shop to pick up rolls of carpet for her house in a full sized schoolbus when I was in junior high. Her big mistake comes from the fact that it was a bus for the district where we lived and I went to school. My dad is kind of protective of his tax dollars at work, and called up the district office. He says they didn't seem real pleased with the situation.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

It's the same company that hires bus drivers like the one who stopped to pick up one kid and sat there chatting with the parent for 10 minutes while traffic backed up over several blocks one day.

Oh, if there wasn't a risk for cops being nearby and if it were only legal to pass....
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

"My name is Otto, I love to get blotto!"

Sorry, for some reason that popped into my head.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                Heh. Reminds me of the lady who came to my dad's shop to pick up rolls of carpet for her house in a full sized schoolbus when I was in junior high. Her big mistake comes from the fact that it was a bus for the district where we lived and I went to school. My dad is kind of protective of his tax dollars at work, and called up the district office. He says they didn't seem real pleased with the situation.
                Everything was fine there, upto the point where the driver hadn't hired the bus.
                ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
                  I have to climb up the 'mountain' to get to work.
                  *checks list*
                  'Uphill
                  Both ways
                  In the snow'
                  Gerrinson, you are officially an old codger! *hands you a badge*
                  Now go out there and shoo those damn kids off your lawn. With pride, even!
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    It's the same company that hires bus drivers like the one who stopped to pick up one kid and sat there chatting with the parent for 10 minutes while traffic backed up over several blocks one day.

Oh, if there wasn't a risk for cops being nearby and if it were only legal to pass....
                    That happened to me on the way to work one day. I swear we sat there for AN HOUR!!!!

(ok, really it was only a few minutes but still...there are people trying to get places. If you must talk to mom, pull over and turn your lights off.)
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Please excuse my ignorance, but why can't you overtake a stationary bus?
                      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                        Please excuse my ignorance, but why can't you overtake a stationary bus?
                        Traffic laws. Children often disembark and then cross from infront of the bus to the other side of the street. A bus blocks the view, so if the lights are flashing, supposedly children are going to be crossing the street.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Is that just school buses (I knew about that in the US) or all buses?

Rapscallion

Comment

just school for that specific thing in Canada, but there is a law that you can't pass any bus on the right (curb-side) when it's got it's turn signal on to move right, so that it can get to the stop and let people off. Probably something similar in the US.
                            Last edited by Broomjockey; 02-11-2008, 05:43 PM. Reason: left !=right
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

kinda similar to the OP, but I saw a bad school bus driver on the 21st south freeway yesterday. I saw a bus going at least 70 mph in a 60mph zone, and I don't know about in Utah but I know in Nevada the maximum a school bus is 55mph... so, umm yeah that driver is a douche.
                              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                              X