This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
    just school for that specific thing in Canada, but there is a law that you can't pass any bus on the right (curb-side) when it's got it's turn signal on to move right, so that it can get to the stop and let people off. Probably something similar in the US.
    Not really. If it's a city bus, you can pass on whatever side you feel like, at least in New Mexico. Other cities and states might have their own laws. School buses, if you're behind them and they stop, you have to stop, exactly for the reason of kids. Where it gets fun is if it's a road that has a median or not. If it doesn't have a median, you have to stop if you're going the opposite direction. If it does have a median, you don't have to stop if you're going in the opposite direction.

I just wish to hell people would realize you have to slow down to whatever the speed is in the school zone when the damn lights are flashing. Tailgating me when I'm in one is not going to make me go any faster numbnuts.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

just school for that specific thing in Canada, but there is a law that you can't pass any bus on the right (curb-side) when it's got it's turn signal on to move right, so that it can get to the stop and let people off. Probably something similar in the US.
      That is the case in my city at least. The buses have signs on them stating that it is illegal to turn right in front of a bus in that manner.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        I just wish to hell people would realize you have to slow down to whatever the speed is in the school zone when the damn lights are flashing. Tailgating me when I'm in one is not going to make me go any faster numbnuts.
        Oh yeah. And if your cops are like ours, they really watch those zones when they're in effect. Tickets flow like water, and for good reason, I think.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
          Oh yeah. And if your cops are like ours, they really watch those zones when they're in effect. Tickets flow like water, and for good reason, I think.
          Not only that, but we've also got a couple of white vans with radar guns and cameras mounted on it that they park at random school zones around the city. How people manage to get dinged by it, I don't know. They're not exactly subtle about parking them and you really can't miss the gun and camera!
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I think it's only passing school busses that's illegal here. If they catch you doing it, it's an automatic license suspension.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              There was one time I had a cop pull me over because I was doing the street speed limit (35) through a school zone (15)... ON SATURDAY. No lights flashing. (The school zone signs have large yellow lights that flash when the zone is in effect.) Not a kid in sight. Not a single school bus for miles around. I think the main reason was because I was a college kid and he wanted to flex his cop muscles. I can see his point, but to pull me over when I'm actually obeying the law, and the zone isn't in effect? Kinda ticked me off.
              A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

And passing on the right (in the US) when the bus is stopped, is a bad idea. I came within 30 seconds of getting run over about a year ago. My driver was steamed and I got an instant dose of adrenaline.
                I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Working...
                X