This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor BK annoyance

I work nights, and get off just as the BK in the town I work at is opening, so sometimes I'll stop in and grab some breakfast on the way home. Last week I stopped, ordered, asked for a soda as my drink. She hands me a cup with no comment. I go to the self-service fountain, press the lever...and spray Dr. Pepper all over my arm. My sleeve is soaked and it's below freezing outside. I go back to the counter and tell the girl her Dr. Pepper has gone haywire. No apology, no offer of a napkin or towel or anything, she says, "Oh, they're all like that." I'm a bit puzzled; she takes my cup and fills it behind the counter, then I ask for some clarification as I grab a handful of napkins and try to dry off as much as possible so I don't freeze to death when I have to go back outside. She says they just hadn't put the nozzles back on their fountains yet.

Geez, you think you could at least warn me before I make a HUGE MESS that you'll just have to clean up? And how about, "I'm so sorry, I completely forgot?" I don't expect free food or anything, but an apology would be nice. Furthermore, the night crew had apparently left their "Drive thru open, dining room closed" sign up all night, and the morning crew hadn't taken it down yet, so I wasn't sure if they had changed their dining room hours as of that morning or not. Just a general lack of responsibility that night and morning, I guess. Normally their morning crew is awesome, I'd never seen that girl before so that probably had a lot to do with it.

That happened to me at work once. They have 2 soda fountains and they both had been taken apart. Luckily it was Diet Coke so I didn't get all sticky, at least...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Well, if this explains it any better, at least where I live.....well, there was awesome management at the local BK where my brother worked. Then they got better jobs. Now a bunch of 16 year olds are running that joint. All you ever hear about is people complaining about how bad BK is now. I don't think they get much business.

Maybe it's a nation-wide thing.....incompetent managers all over BK.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Yeesh. I probably would have asked to speak with a manager if that had happened to me. I take the nozzles off the machine at work, so I know how hard, fast, and wide those things spray.
        "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Once you knew the area of effect, maybe a refill was in order.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I'd say to go in sometime and ask for a manager to explain what happened.

Make sure to mention that you're not looking for freebies, just an apology.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth badgegirl007 View Post
              With all the negative posts about BK lately I am wondering what direction the company is headed in. Honestly, McD's seems to be keeping up with trends (they add new stuff to the menu all the time, and are now openng coffee bars) and BK just seems to remain stagnant.
              BK doesn't need to add new stuff, their burgers are awesome as it is.

Although one of the ones I stop at does put way too much ketsup/mustard/mayo on their burgers. If I forget to tell them light sauce, squeezing the bun causes everything to come squirting out the sides.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

One thing I learned at the cinema is to turn off the fountain before taking the nozzles off. I learned it the hard (or wet) way!
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                  BK doesn't need to add new stuff, their burgers are awesome as it is.
                  Thanks a ton, Whopper freak out commercials!
                  Yes, because stagnation sounds absolutely perfect for any situation.
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                    Yes, because stagnation sounds absolutely perfect for any situation.
                    I would point out what happened to Coke when they "tried something new." Sticking to what works for you is not always stagnation.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                    X