Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would kill this Arbys, but damn the food is good.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would kill this Arbys, but damn the food is good.

Beware of many foul words, because I am uber annoyed.

I've had waiting problems with the only Arbys we have in our town. Not just, oh, gee, my sandwich took two minutes to make boohoo, I'm talking fifteen minute waits when I'm the only one there.

I've sent in a complaint about this place before because I got halfway through my order at the drive-thru once, was told hold on a second, and sat there for ten minutes waiting. I know. I timed it. I was hungry, so, thinking to myself, "Well, fuck this noise! I'm hungry! I'll go to Bojangles and get my food faster!" I drove away, only to turn my head and see Halfwit the Dumbass standing in front of the cash register at the window staring off into God knows where.

My complaint was answered with, "Well, you're pissed off, we apologize, all of our employees are new. So we're going to put you on our "Unsatisfied Customer list in the restaurant so when you go and ask for your free meal everyone can know you sent in a complaint and they can spit in your food."

Fast forward to today. Once again, I'm the only person in the drive-thru line. There appears to be maybe one, two people sitting, eating inside. I order. I order a turkey bacon club. Slap some meat on the bread and hand it to me! I get to the window and I wait.

And I wait.

And I fucking wait, and fifteen minutes later, just as I start taking my foot off the break so I can park and march my unhappy ass inside, my food is unceremoniously thrust out the window at me and, had I not put my hands out, it would have probably been dropped right down into my lap. I get my drink, start to drive, plunge my straw in--FUCK! After 15 minutes of bullshitting around in the kitchen, Twit McSlowass got my friggin' drink wrong.

Sweet Tea. UnSweet Tea. THEY'RE LABELED. I'VE SEEN IT.

I went inside, the manager is standing there, having just finished taking an order. "My drink's wrong, I asked for a sweet tea, can I just get that changed.."

This cues an annoyed sigh from the manager. Because apparently this isn't the first time Twit's gotten something so easy wrong, and hell, they're about to fire her, and hey, had they realized I had been sitting there for so long, Manager would have gotten my food herself (but she was helping other customers and wasn't even aware Twit had a customer, considering she was kind of just standing around twidling her thumbs).

They keep hiring complete morons there. But I can't stop going because it's so good...
    Would you like a Stummies?

"Well, you're pissed off, we apologize, all of our employees are new. So we're going to put you on our "Unsatisfied Customer list in the restaurant so when you go and ask for your free meal everyone can know you sent in a complaint and they can spit in your food."
    What the hell? I'd call corp on that crap...
    Last edited by Broomjockey; 02-07-2008, 05:07 PM. Reason: use the quote button

Comment

They didn't actually say that. But that's what I heard in my mind.

Comment

I think you've just got to start going somewhere else.

I was thinking there was maybe a chance for them to improve until you mentioned trying to switch your drink with the manager. When the apathy and incompetence goes straight to the top, its over.

If Arby's wants a decent franchise in that location, they'll have to fire everyone and start from scratch...not likely to happen.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
          If Arby's wants a decent franchise in that location, they'll have to fire everyone and start from scratch...not likely to happen.
          I think they already did; I kind of figured when they told me from the first complaint, "everyone's new."

However, it would have been fantastic if they hadn't started out again with a whole new set of morons.

It's the only Arbys in like..45 minutes. It's so good. But they're so stupid. Damnit!

Comment

I think you've just got to start going somewhere else.
            at least a different arby's...

one of my co-workers had to do that with hardy's. she loved the low-carb burgers but one particular drive-through was always f**kedup. they'd tell her stuff like "no you can't get the low-carb burger without onions because it won't be low-carb then" (wtf?) and then argue with her over it... or they'd just screw up the food.

after they tried saying "you can't have the breakfast bowl without sausage" she gave up going to that location.

Comment

I'd just give up going for a few months. We did that with Applebees a few years back, then they got new management, and it was good. Till a few months ago when it went down the shitter again.

Give it a bit then go again, if it's still bad do it again.

I can't go to Arbys ever since the lady in front of me had a fake finger nail in her sandwhich and noone in the store had any on.

Comment

I had to do that with McDonalds, too. Fortunately there's like 4 of them around here, so it wasn't hard to find another one, and I moved, so there was a closer one than the old one.

I used to post about this McDonalds all the time. Everyone that worked there, I swear was stupid. Just stupid. You'd pull up to drive thru and hear "Uhhhhhhhhhh welome to McDonalds can I uhhhhhhhhh take your orderrrrrr?"

And without fail, EVERY SINGLE TIME I went there, I'd order 2 double cheeseburgers with ONLY KETCHUP on them, and without fail, 9 times out of 10, I'd get 2 double cheeseburgers with either ONLY ONIONS or everything BUT ketchup on them. Many times, it would say "Only onions" on the screen and I'd correct them, once I even got rude and said "Make sure you fix that!".....and guess what? THEY DIDN'T....

So I stopped wasting my money. I stopped going home and scraping stuff off my burgers. Stopped bothering going back in. The managers were just as 'tarted as the employees.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
                  (but she was helping other customers and wasn't even aware Twit had a customer, considering she was kind of just standing around twidling her thumbs).
                  Wouldn't that be twit-ling her thumbs?

They keep hiring complete morons there. But I can't stop going because it's so good...
                  You know, admitting you have a problem is the first step to getting help.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    I had to do that with McDonalds, too. Fortunately there's like 4 of them around here, so it wasn't hard to find another one, and I moved, so there was a closer one than the old one.

I used to post about this McDonalds all the time. Everyone that worked there, I swear was stupid. Just stupid. You'd pull up to drive thru and hear "Uhhhhhhhhhh welome to McDonalds can I uhhhhhhhhh take your orderrrrrr?"

And without fail, EVERY SINGLE TIME I went there, I'd order 2 double cheeseburgers with ONLY KETCHUP on them, and without fail, 9 times out of 10, I'd get 2 double cheeseburgers with either ONLY ONIONS or everything BUT ketchup on them. Many times, it would say "Only onions" on the screen and I'd correct them, once I even got rude and said "Make sure you fix that!".....and guess what? THEY DIDN'T....

So I stopped wasting my money. I stopped going home and scraping stuff off my burgers. Stopped bothering going back in. The managers were just as 'tarted as the employees.
                    I've gotten that at Mickey Ds before. I always get a double cheeseburger no pickles or onions, so far I have gotten:
                    1. a normal double cheeseburger which I HATE because it's impossobile to get all the diced onions out of the cheese
                    2. A burger with a full onion slice on it. Hell i was happy it was an easy fix at least.
                    3. Double cheeseburger with letuce. . . I have NO idea where this one came from. And it STILL had the freaking diced onions

My friend takes the cake though, he ordered a burger (can't remember what type) with extra sauce/mayonaise on it (not sure which). He bit into it and they had put TARTAR sauce on it, a lot of it too. He actually had to throw it out, and i've NEVER seen him not able to eat something before. (we were already 20min away on a 2 hour trip, so couldn't return it.
                    Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

...and people wonder why I never ask fast food places to hold the pickles when I order out.

Well mainly because my wife and my dog both are pickle freaks so someone's always around to eat them, but also because I know "hold the pickles" will get me a bun with a thousand pickle slices.
                      "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
                        It's the only Arbys in like..45 minutes. It's so good. But they're so stupid. Damnit!
                        Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        at least a different arby's...
                        I don't think he's going to drive 45 minutes just to go to a different Arby's.

I like the idea of Arby's, but I swear, every time I've eaten there (at many various locations), I've gotten sick.
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                        X