X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Drug Fits The Face

The Drug Fits The Face.

Not a pure sighting cos I didn't see it myself... just what my friend W told me about the flower shop he works (back in the states).

One of the women who worked there... had a pretty bad meth addiction. I think W was trying to fire her, but the owner might have been intervening at the time. The problem is... who really wants to buy pretty flowers when the woman selling them to you has a face that's seriously scratched the f*** up?

I was lucky and didn't get to see her face myself but... W said he can always tell when the girl's on meth. Whenever she is, she scratches her face up horribly when she sleeps, so she looks like shit the next day.

kinda sad really.
    it's not just "this is your brain, this is your brain on drugs"...
    it's also "this is your FACE afterwards"

I'm pretty sure meth is the drug responsible for the before and after shots we get shown during basic training, after about six months the faces are totally wrecked, skin is sallow, see the video (not for the faint hearted) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGGtDHdtmJA
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Now mesa needs .

Comment

Quoth Dark-Star View Post

Now mesa needs .
        This is my brain bleach: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwFES7j-uls

Caution: if you like seriously cute Japanese girls singing and dancing, this video is highly addictive.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          kinda sad really.
          it's not just "this is your brain, this is your brain on drugs"...
          it's also "this is your FACE afterwards"
          Sad no.... It's a choice. Regardless of her reasons or problems, she makes the choice to take it. Let me see.... Battery acid, fertilizer, ammonia and whatever else.... No, I have no sympathy for anyone putting that into their body.

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
            No, I have no sympathy for anyone putting that into their body.
            I think that around 80% of meth kitchens are found simply because they BLOW UP!. Not only are you pumping sh1t into your body you're putting neighbours/friends/relatives at risk. In Utah before meth was recognised for its lethal properties police officers would enter labs and seize the drug with no protective clothing, around 50% of those officers from the late 80s (I think) have serious immune and oncological conditions, the only comomn factor is the meth investigation.
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
              A bit of info - my son just turned 16, and yes, I let him swear as long as it's not directed at me in anger. It works for us. If we are angry enough where the only words coming to mind are profanity-laden we just walk away until we calm down.
              My family has always treated swearing similiarly - don't swear at each other in anger, don't swear around grandma or loudly in public places, etc. Otherwise, it's fine. And I turned out ok, if I say so myself.

Also, that's a sad video, but it seems like a powerful reason to stay away from meth - if for nothing but vanity's sake. I've caught myself watching Celebrity Rehab on VH1 lately - Jeff Conaway (Kenickie from Grease) is a prime example of how drugs are bad. The man launches into speeches, by halfway through, he's speaking gibberish and he doesn't even seem to notice. It's sobering, to say the least.
              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

You see a lot of people like that around here. Well hell, the meth labs aren't always going to find themselves. I think that's a reason a lot of people get hurt. They don't know what the frack they are doing, and the kitchen blows up....the fire truck comes, and then it's......Ohhh....this is a meth lab, huh?

Don't ask me why people want to live their lives scratching their faces and risking blowing up their house and their family to smitherines.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                  I think that around 80% of meth kitchens are found simply because they BLOW UP!.
                  Now, I never said I didn't feel sorry for innocent bystanders.... But hey wouldn't make it if no one bought and used it. Supply and demand.

Comment

exploding meth labs are the reason almost all my favorite over-the-counter pills are now controlled substances and you can only buy a pack a month or so. I've been taking most of it for long enough i've built a tolerance I tend to have to double dose to recieve the intended effecft. except sudafed double dose of that is dangerous stuff. I'll jsut stare at a ceiling fan for 3 hours...

Comment

There was an exploding meth lab around here a few months ago. According to an out-take from the local news (or at least, according to a friend who has a friend who works in the studio and allegedly saw it), one of the neighbours thought that a burning drug manufacturer running down the street was the funniest thing ever.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                        one of the neighbours thought that a burning drug manufacturer running down the street was the funniest thing ever.
                        Thank you Darwin, for these, thy idiots we have received.

Comment

One thing I read about meth labs is that the homes where it was made at have to basically be gutted. That sh*t gets into the walls, carpet, air ducts, everything. I forget which state it is, but one of 'em that has a really big problem with meth has a law on the books that sellers must disclose if it was a lab due to so many homebuyers getting sick.

Comment

The first place the ex lived in TX was a former meth lab. Was that disclosed before he and his roommates moved in? Maybe. Was anything done about it? Probably not from what he told me. Apparently the cooking place of choice was the bathtub, which had been cleaned (not too well IMO) but not replaced. God knows what was in the heating/AC (maybe that's why his roommates never wanted to turn it on)...I don't really want to know what I was exposed to when I went down there for a weekend (had I known the house was a literal health hazard, I never would have gone).
                            Last edited by Dreamstalker; 02-08-2008, 11:55 PM.
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

bleh.... i dont think i'd ever want to move into a place like that... i'd rather have it razed to the ground and a new place built...

if nothing else but for the purpose of getting rid of any traces of drugs. cos...last thing i'd ever want is to have some sniffer dog wander by and just go crazy over whatever traces the idiots left behind.

yeah, i knew that about sudafed from an old chat friend back before they changed the laws on it. she said at her store they could only sell a certian amount to any individual because of the meth issues.

and just recently, the gaijin stores here (basically US run, but in japan) have started up the ID required for those medications too.

Comment

Working...
                              X