This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    it's not just "this is your brain, this is your brain on drugs"...
    it's also "this is your FACE afterwards"
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/meth/body/ shows more of what happens when you use that crap. WARNING: some very disturbing photos.

How can ANY high be worth that?
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      How can ANY high be worth that?
      Because people are stupid. Sadly, these are usually the litter raisers.
      Last edited by Ree; 02-09-2008, 06:32 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
        Sadly, these are usually the litter raisers.
        And the innocents suffer for their parents' stupidity.
        My LiveJournal

Comment

Wheee! Even mods can make mistakes.

Apparently my post was better suited to Fratching, so I've cut it out and started a Fratching thread.

To respond to my post, go to this Fratching thread about drugs.
          Last edited by Seshat; 02-10-2008, 07:24 AM.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
            Now suppose you've found that when you take something - beer, marijuana, heroin, cocaine, meth, whatever - you can actually sort of think straight. Or the visions stop. Or the paranoia stops. Or you can sleep.
            Somewhere I heard that there was a decrease in alchoholism when anxiety disorders were first recognised. I know I have a few relatives who are former alcoholics and gave up drinking when they got treated for anxiety issues.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              WARNING: some very disturbing photos.

Dear doG I will never EVER do meth! Those people look like headcrab zombies minus the headcrab!

Just about tossed my cookies...but thank you for posting that. Sometimes I get tempted to try some 'interesting pharmaceuticals' just once. I needed that reminder to stay far away from illegal drugs.
              Last edited by Ree; 02-09-2008, 06:42 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Quoth Dark-Star View Post
                Just about tossed my cookies...but thank you for posting that.
                And those are the images in the public domain, think about that for a while...
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Those pictures of meth teeth made me want to puke. Just when you think you're immune from puking when staring at people with missing/rotting teeth, you find yourself wanting to dry heave onto your laptop....
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    Now suppose you've found that when you take something - beer, marijuana, heroin, cocaine, meth, whatever - you can actually sort of think straight. Or the visions stop. Or the paranoia stops. Or you can sleep.
                    Then you have to deal with the diminishing returns: the more you use the drug, the more your body gets used to it, the more of the drug you have to use to get the same feeling you had before, or even just keep the heebie-jeebies away. It's just not worth it.
                    Quoth Seshat View Post
                    Psychiatric screening through the teenage years, and affordable treatment for psychiatric illness, would (IMO) reduce drug addiction by almost the entire percentage of addicts who are addicts because of psychiatric illness.
                    THIS is a good idea. Psychiatric screening would save a lot of people a world of hurt and head off a lot of future problems. Yes, it'll cost money, but prevention is always better than cure or cleanup, anyday!
                    My LiveJournal

Comment

Quoth Dark-Star View Post

Dear doG I will never EVER do meth! Those people look like headcrab zombies minus the headcrab!
                      Quite an effective deterrent to doing meth, eh?

I looked at the Faces of Meth sideshow and one of them looked not unlike Ms. Crabtree from South Park
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        And the innocents suffer for their parents' stupidity.
                        Indeed. Such is the circle of life. The title of a Metallica song fits here.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                          Then you have to deal with the diminishing returns: the more you use the drug, the more your body gets used to it, the more of the drug you have to use to get the same feeling you had before, or even just keep the heebie-jeebies away. It's just not worth it.
                          Psychiatric treatment is vastly better than using alcohol or illegal drugs, both for this reason and because the psych drugs are targetted specifically to the symptoms.

However, I've been asked to move my opinions on this matter to Fratching, so responses to the Fratching drug thread, please. Thanks!
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

i guess i have a strong stomach; they were more disturbing than vomit inducing.

i have little sympathy for those foolish enough to allow themselves to become addicted and contempt for those who choose to pass on the chance to regain their lives back.

it's sad, but there it is; people are their own worst enemies.
                            look! it's ghengis khan!
                            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                            X