Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count me in as someone who does their very best to return the money. Though I am with several others on here - if it's just a bill, lying by itself in a parking lot, with NO conceivable way of finding the true owner, I tend not to look a gift horse in the mouth, and try to use it for either something I need or to buy a meal or a round for my friends.

I too look at it as karma. I try to be good to others, in hopes that they'll be good to me.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

One time at the gym i work at a young girl about 10 or so came up to the front desk saying she found a wallet with money in it in the locker room. Turns out there was $400 in it. The owner called up a few hours later frantically looking for it and was very happy we had it.

Also when i was much younger I was hanging out at the mall arcade while my parents shopped. I was just wandering when i found $20 lying on the floor (almost 20 years ago, so a decent enough about of money, especially to a 10 year old). About 20 min later while i was watching a kid play a game, his older sister cames running in asking him if he'd seen the $20 their mom had given her for gas. I pulled the money out and gave it to her, she was so thankfull it made it more bareable that i just lost out on 100 games in the arcade
      Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        One time at work I found a bill laying on the floor.
        After two weeks passed and nobody came to claim the money, I got it.
        I've done that not once, not twice, but three times at the cinema.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
        X