This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "OKAY?!"

As most of you know I'm in my second year of university. I needed to pay off a deposit so i could live in residence next year. The deposit was 400.00. However I only make 200.00 every two weeks. So I called my dad and asked if he could give me the money.

Dad called me after lunch and said the money had been deposited. I ran off to pay my deposit, but i got "Insufficient funds". I went back to my room and checked my account online. The balance hadn't changed. SO I called my dad to get the banks number so I could call. I also checked the account summary which mentions the 200.00 I put in, but nothing for today.

Anyway I call and get the machine. So I leave a message explaining the situation. I wait a few minutes and try again.
    Me= The wonderful angel you all know
    MB= Mean Banker

*ring*
    MB= Your bank, how can i help you?
    Me= Hi this is Holly Pringle and...
    MB= *cuts me off* Yeah, I got your message and the money is in your account.
    Me= Really? The online summary doesn't say that.
    MB=It's there.
    Me= So there's 400 in there?
    MB= *like I'm a slow child* No, there's 200.
    Me= Oh, but I deposited 200 in there yesterday.
    MB= Then your father must not have deposited it. OKAY?! *sarcastic, mad, nasally*
    *she hangs up*

That's not right, is it?

EDIT= My dad just called and the money went through. YAY! I'm off to by my deposit.
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

No, it's not right. She should have said something more along the lines of:

Her: Do you know when your father deposited it?
    You: (whatever time)
    Her: Do you know what branch?
    You: (branch)
    Her: Hm. Odd. Maybe the branch hasn't processed it yet, I'll call them.

Or something of that order.

Another acceptable answer is 'It can take up to (X hours) for a deposit to go fully through the system, wait until (time) and call us back if it's not through. If possible, try to have (the time and branch your father deposited it) available so we can check it more quickly.'

Noting, of course, that I don't work in banking. The things I put in brackets are my best guesses as to what would make life easier for people in a bank's call centre.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I'd call their manager. I don't care if they're having a bad day or not, there's no excuse for that kind of behavior.

Don't like being on the phones? Either don't take it out on the people who pay your salary or find another job.

I took the latter. I hate dealing with the public.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Working...
      X