This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub shop suck

Went down the hall to my favorite sub place for lunch this afternoon. There was a woman at the counter, but standing off to the side like she had just ordered so I made my way toward the register, only to be cut off by said woman. Oh well.

Woman then proceeds to rattle off her order for three subs, each requiring either add-ons or things to be left off. In particular she dictated that the lettuce and tomatoes be taken off her cheese steak sub and put in a separate bag, because when she got home she planned to warm up the cheese steak in the microwave.

So as I'm standing there waiting, listening to the radio play "If I Said You had A Beautiful Body, Would You Hold It Against Me?" and watching my lunch break slowly ebb away, woman turns to me, sees my nametag and my company polo shirt and says "Oh, I guess you're on your break. I should have let you go first. Kahilk kahilk kahilk!."

Woman then pays for her $2o order....with a $100 bill, requiring the cashier to leave the register and head to the back for more change.

Finally her subs are made and I get my turn to order. Halfway through my order woman barges in front of me and screams at the cashier "You put tomatoes on the cheesesteak! I asked you to leave them off!" Of course she then needs to have a new sub made because it's simply asking too much to pick off a few tomatoes even though the only reason you're doing it is to nuke the sandwich before you eat it.

By the time I finally got my food and got back to the breakroom, I had 5 minutes left in my lunch break, so I had to throw my bag of food in the fridge and eat it at my next break.

I love this sub shop's sandwiches and fries but I may have to stop going there on my lunch breaks. It seems every so often, either because there are difficult customers ahead of me or because they're running shorthanded, I end up with no time to eat.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

What?! Doesn't she know that the longer a sub sandwich (ANY kind!) sits and gets soggy/stews in its own juices makes it taste even better than when it was made?
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Who puts Lettuce and Tomato on a cheese steak!?

That's blasphemous.

Cheese Steak should only have:
      -Cheese
      -Steak
      -Mushrooms (yuck), Onions, and Peppers, are optional.

This is one of the reason I like the sub place I go to though (Firehouse... mmmmmmm). They have a team of people working together. One person on Register and usually 2 or 3 making sandwiches.

You order what you want, they print out the ticket, and hand it off. That way the the easy-to-make sandwiches still get out in a reasonable amount of time, instead of waiting for Miss "I want an entire salad bar on my sub".
      <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Cousins Subs does. I have their menu in front of me and here's what they put on their cheese steaks:

"Thinly sliced steak, melted Provolone cheese, lettuce, onions, tomatoes and seasoned with salt."

Keep in mind this is a Wisconsin-based company, not exactly the birthplace of the cheese steak or anywhere close to it, so naturally you're not going to get the "authentic" cheese steak--just something kinda resembling one.

Comment

I love this sub shop's sandwiches and fries but I may have to stop going there on my lunch breaks. It seems every so often, either because there are difficult customers ahead of me or because they're running shorthanded, I end up with no time to eat.
          Do they let you call your order ahead? Or, better yet ... fax it?
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
            Do they let you call your order ahead?
            I was going to ask the same question.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
              Firehouse... mmmmmmm
              Blargh! Kill Firehouse!
              I worked for a location near me, for one day! I was released just before my shift for the second day. The reason? I didn't have a car.
              WHAT? I'd gotten a ride, I could get to and from the store. Why do I need a car?
              You're hiring someone to go to other stores? So, you're hiring a corporate job? But I only applied for a cashier!
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Yes, this place does allow you to call or fax in your order.

My job? Not so much. I can't ever get away to phone in my order before break and if I did phone it in first thing on my break that would still leave me about 10 or 15 minutes to eat after I head down the hall and pick it up (assuming it's ready when I get there)

Comment

I beg to differ. That is not a cheesesteak, that is a meat sammich. Calling it a cheesesteak will not make it one. yeeeech *shudder*
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I can't stand that. When I make a run for dinner and am picking up for 3-10 of us at work, I try to call ahead, if possible. And if not, anyone who is in the store before I actually start ordering is more than welcome to go ahead of me, so long as they aren't also doing a huge order.

What a witch, in the aforementioned story, because not only did she do something witchy, she then felt the need to point it out AND laugh at it.
                    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      Blargh! Kill Firehouse!
                      I worked for a location near me, for one day! I was released just before my shift for the second day. The reason? I didn't have a car.
                      WHAT? I'd gotten a ride, I could get to and from the store. Why do I need a car?
                      You're hiring someone to go to other stores? So, you're hiring a corporate job? But I only applied for a cashier!
                      Eep! So they hired you when you didn't have a car, and this magically became a problem on your second day? D'oh!

Comment

The Firehouse here is so slow that I've almost been late back from my lunch after going there, and I get an hour. Usually had to rush to clock back in and then eat it on my last break.

Comment

Working...
                        X