This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocking Foul

Two quickies from last night's adventure at the supermarket. More whiny than anything, but annoying just the same and I need to get them off my chest.

At checkout, we see a lady with her purse on the belt, blocking the sensor and preventing the belt from moving. I guess the convenient platform on the other side of the register wasn't good enough for her. She's just lucky that the person behind her already had all their groceries on the belt.

When we get to the parking lot with our cart, we find that someone in a Buick had parked about one inch from our rear bumper (we pulled through, and the Buick's nose had poked into our spot to do this). Sorry, but I'm not that skinny. And learn to fing park.
    "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Oh gosh, that happens everywhere. Since it's snowed so much where I live this winter, nearly every day in a parking lot can be Mission Impossible IV.

Once those lines are covered, it's always a free for all. I know there are people who can't park to save their lives when the lines ARE there, but after it snows, parking lots are impossible. One person parks wrong and everyone else after them MUST follow suit.

One morning I got out of work and both cars who parked next to me were within inches of my car. I couldn't open my door all the way. I had to "suck in" and squeeze into my car. I decided to wait the extra few minutes for the person in front of me to leave so I could just pull out and not risk hitting either car by backing out.

You should see the Wal-Mart parking lots around here this past winter. NO ONE can park to save their lives.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

When someone parks THAT close to my car ... I step on their bumper to load my groceries.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I think I have you all beat. We've had people parking three deep in our lot. The lines are all snow-covered and invisible, but that's no excuse.

As a result people can't get out of their spots because they're blocked by a car parked in front of them and one behind them.

I've also seen people parking so far into the aisles it's barely enough space for one car to get through.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

That happens where I work too, IPF. People park so far in/out that even a Geo Metro would struggle to squeeze in down the aisle.

Comment

When I was working at Store1 I had a customer come to me with a license plate number and ask me to page the owner of the car. The car was parked so close to them that they couldn't even get between the two cars, let alone open the driver's side door.

I went to the grocery store once and parked my car. The person parked in the opposite spot had the back bumper of her giant SUV about a foot into my spot. I had a small car, no biggie for me. Woman had the nerve to ask me to back up because she couldn't get into the back of her car.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Wow and I thought we had some crappy parkers out here. Man finally California's not the worse at something involving cars and asphault. Well we are pretty crappy though.
              My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

There's some not so great parkers in my apartment complex. Add to that the fact that the lines are mostly faded, and in some places completely gone, and you've got some fun times!
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Tell me about it!

You guys have already heard about Tommy Lee and Kid Rock downstairs and their little whorehouse they are running, inviting hordes of girls over to park in other people's spots and the handicapped one.

Well what happens when they run out of places?

The girls start parking horizontally, blocking others in and making it nearly impossible for people like me and Randy and John (my neighbors on both sides) to get out!

Comment

^^ that's what parking enforcement officers and tow trucks are for.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                      One morning I got out of work and both cars who parked next to me were within inches of my car. I couldn't open my door all the way. I had to "suck in" and squeeze into my car.
                      Times like that, I'm grateful my car is getting a bit old and beat up, as I don't really have any problem "accidentally" nailing your door to get out of my car.

And yeah, even with the massive amount of parking in my complex, it still amazes me how people will park all over the lines, even when they can see them, or take up three parking spaces right near the door to park their flipping van diagonally. And then me, in my little bitty car, has to park half a block away, glaring at the lady in the van the whole time.
                      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth chops View Post
                        Sorry, but I'm not that skinny. And learn to fing park.
                        along the same lines .... i freakin HATE when they have to park just an inch or two next to the driver-side door. I mean wtf?

I've had a few times where I had to put my hand on the door edge itself as I'm opening it... just to make sure it doesn't scratch or dent the other car.

and i've had a couple of times where I had to get in via the passenger side cos...they didn't give me ANY room to open the door.

hell-f**ing-ooooo?

Comment

Working...
                        X