Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a good point: if a kid is tired, or stressed, or is just plain having a bad day, than it is unreasonable to expect them to behave themselves when confronted with strange new stimuli. Either way, though, the parents need to take responsibility for their offspring and take care of them.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm with Broomjockey, parents usually dont' have that kind of time. That's why you see this stuff in stores. That might be the only time Mom has to get what she needs. Trust me, she's not enjoying it, either. Probably less so.

I've been pretty lucky with my kid so far, she's 2 and a half. Her tantrums usually consist of lying down like Ghandi and offering passive resistance. If she yells, it's very brief, probably because she knows I'll ignore her if she does that.

She only ever insisted on a toy in a store once. She took a bunch of Snow White rag dolls down off a rack I said, "Okay, honey, put them all back." So she did, all but one. I said, "put that back." and she hugged it with her eyes all big.

Yeah, you would have bought it, too. It's her most favorite doll.

But she doesn't throw tantrums to get stuff in store. I'm sure my day is coming, though.

Comment

Working...
      X